• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of thick watches... fresh out of the box. Really love it.

IMG_7087.jpeg
IMG_7089.jpeg

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will be touring Bradley Taylor's workshop this Thursday with a group! Will try to take some pics.

For those that do not know him, he's one of Canada's only independents. He has some very cool things in the works, but here's an earlier piece of his.

One of my friends owns one and will be bringing it, and I think Brad has a complete piece there too, will try to grab some pics.

Here's a good write up on him:

62a78082a12b778dfc6f46ae_Lutria-Ocean-Turquoise-Web.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
not a watch thing but I know there are some classical heads in here :

I was listening to the magic flute and it dawned on me that the overture really belongs to papageno . listen to it and imagine the fanfare as pah's . and then listen to the comedy of the strings and the eighth notes as pah-pah-pahs , it's there through the dramatic parts too . I don't think I can hear it a different way tbh . maybe mozart's way of distancing himself from the work ? lol

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats! Looks great! I like the Vans too!
What does the hive mind think of this?

View attachment 2147989
I like the look of it. I was always a fan of the old "Big Block Tudors," but the thickness was an issue for me. Beyond a certain thickness and watches start to become magnets for hitting door frames and other objects. An acquaintance has an old Big Block and he loves it. If you love it, then go for it!

Last edited:

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tudor big blocks are dope. I prefer the added utility of the 12 hour bezel over the tach, but that’s just my opinion.
I can see the utility of it, but it just never looks quite right to my eye on a chronograph. Then again, my Pasha Chronograph has a diving bezel :rotflmao:, so who an I to talk !

Actually, I only ever knew one guy who bought a chronograph with a tach specifically to use that feature. It was a customer when I was in college, and I worked in a men's clothing store. I asked him about his chronograph, which was a Tudor Big Block (I hadn't owned a chrono at that point). He said he used it with mile markers to keep track of his speed in miles per hour on his car. He owned a Ferrari 512BBi and those were never officially imported into the USA so the speedometers on those were only in KM's per hour.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads