• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recommend Portugal over England if that is an issue. Portugal is one of the least-visited countries in Europe because it is difficult to incorporate into a vacation to multiple countries. I have not met a single person who visited Portugal and didn't love it.
Portugal is regularly touted on golf-related discussions as one of the most underrated golf vacation "dream destinations" in the world (or a golf lover's dream retirement country), even moreso than places like Scotland or Ireland. I suppose a large part of that is Portugal's weather compared to the UK's.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an Omega fanboy, I'm obviously on board with the white dial Speedmaster. I'll get it eventually but just not right now.

LVEsq

Reaction score
For Yanks, it's probably the lack of a language barrier. I recommend Portugal over England if that is an issue. Portugal is one of the least-visited countries in Europe because it is difficult to incorporate into a vacation to multiple countries. I have not met a single person who visited Portugal and didn't love it.
I absolutely adore Portugal. Have been all over and could not recommend it enough! Great food, great and friendly people, historic cities with beautiful architecture - very laid back and relatively inexpensive compared to the rest of EU. 10/10

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Yanks, it's probably the lack of a language barrier. I recommend Portugal over England if that is an issue. Portugal is one of the least-visited countries in Europe because it is difficult to incorporate into a vacation to multiple countries. I have not met a single person who visited Portugal and didn't love it.
I visited Portugal several times in the last year and I didn't love it (admittedly am not a yank). Real estate and food prices both approached Australian levels (may crypto's heirs move elsewhere soon). Bit better in winter, mostly cos the wind clears the crowds. To be fair after you get used to having 10km of beach to yourself in Australia it's hard to go back and share.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So white dial is priced $100 more than the black dial sapphire 3861 ($8K). I'm sure there will be no discounts at least for the first year or so. I sometimes wish I went with the sapphire version just for the display back.

I've been wearing it on this strap for a few months as I need a link out of the bracelet. I've removed links before but I have a sticky screw and I scratched it when I tried this time. I assume it has some sort of threadlock on it but heating with a hair dryer didn't help so I figure I'll have some qualified do it for me.

DSC03248.jpg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So white dial is priced $100 more than the black dial sapphire 3861 ($8K). I'm sure there will be no discounts at least for the first year or so. I sometimes wish I went with the sapphire version just for the display back.

I've been wearing it on this strap for a few months as I need a link out of the bracelet. I've removed links before but I have a sticky screw and I scratched it when I tried this time. I assume it has some sort of threadlock on it but heating with a hair dryer didn't help so I figure I'll have some qualified do it for me.

View attachment 2143697
You could just buy an aftermarket one.

mossrockss

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As an Omega fanboy, I'm obviously on board with the white dial Speedmaster. I'll get it eventually but just not right now.
Initial thoughts from this fellow fanboy is it looks impressive enough for me to get it in addition to the black 3861 I already have for the right price. I have 4 Seamasters so I would be well within my fanboy b.s. track record

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised they had it. Usually Omega takes a while to get stock to stores.
Might be why Omega didn't do a Speedy Tuesday on the first Tuesday of the year and waited until March so they could build up some supplies.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
So the extra $100 price gets you a lacquered dial and applied indices over the standard Sapphire Sandwich. Price increase is sort of justified since you are getting a higher quality watch.
Yes the applied indices are really nice.
Surprised they had it. Usually Omega takes a while to get stock to stores.
Indeed. This one is not for sale though. But apparently if you want it you won’t have a long time to wait.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads