• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a stunner! My favorite dial config with the gold accents on silver dial.
Thanks. The gold accents elevate it beyond being too boring, although others here will probably say it's still LOMS territory. I'm digging the subtle sunburst dial, too.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you share a watch with your wife?
I gave this Nomos 740 to my wife maybe 6 or 7 years ago as a fun weekend watch. Big numbers as her eyesight is crummy, 37mm, 20 atm. After she stopped wearing it, and pretty much only wears her Apple watch now, I switched out the strap and sometimes wear it as a casual watch myself.
Nomos740.jpg

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I gave this Nomos 740 to my wife maybe 6 or 7 years ago as a fun weekend watch. Big numbers as her eyesight is crummy, 37mm, 20 atm. After she stopped wearing it, and pretty much only wears her Apple watch now, I switched out the strap and sometimes wear it as a casual watch myself.
View attachment 2126071
That's pretty cool. Following up on what I said earlier, my wife usually wears either a Hermes-edition Apple Watch or an older small quartz Tag Heuer that her grandfather gave her years ago. This fall will be our 10-year wedding anniversary, and I want to get her a nicer "fancy" watch, and I've been eyeing a Cartier Panthere or Ballon Bleu, both of which she's tried on and look great on her. Ultimately, though, I'm trying to avoid the temptation to get her what I like vs. what she would like and, most importantly, want to wear often. I know for sure she doesn't want to deal with having to set the time on a mechanical watch, so it's almost certainly going to be quartz.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The gold accents elevate it beyond being too boring, although others here will probably say it's still LOMS territory. I'm digging the subtle sunburst dial, too.
Congrats on the OP! Looks great. Wishing you many years of enjoyment from it.

Ultimately, though, I'm trying to avoid the temptation to get her what I like vs. what she would like and, most importantly, want to wear often. I know for sure she doesn't want to deal with having to set the time on a mechanical watch, so it's almost certainly going to be quartz.
It can be really difficult to avoid letting our personal preferences (be it brand, movement, size etc) influence a watch purchase for a spouse or significant other. However, I've seen a lot of guys botch that, and it ends up being a purchase that the spends more time on the dresser or in the drawer than on the person's wrist. Figure out which watch will put the biggest smile on her face and then get her that watch.

pmeis

Reaction score

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It can be really difficult to avoid letting our personal preferences (be it brand, movement, size etc) influence a watch purchase for a spouse or significant other. However, I've seen a lot of guys botch that, and it ends up being a purchase that the spends more time on the dresser or in the drawer than on the person's wrist. Figure out which watch will put the biggest smile on her face and then get her that watch.
Agreed. I know with about 99% certainty that regardless of what I might get for her (Panthere, Ballon Bleu, DateJust, or anything else), she's probably going to continue wearing that Tag her grandfather gave her as her "everyday" watch and save the new one for going out to dinner, church, etc. So while a potential new watch would probably get at least one or two days of weekly wear, she'd still have to set the time pretty frequently. Selfishly, though, that is also helpful to me since it decreases the cost, or increases what I can get within particular budget--however you want to look at it...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teeny timepiece, large lapels, it’s a wash?

1707148417811.png

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I left the teeny tiny watch debate alone as my head would have exploded should i have joined the conversation… much like why wear a watch in water…

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my quest for a nice daily...

Managed to get ahold of the non-skeletonized ceramic GP and was super underwhelmed with it. Didn't like the bracelet or bezel. Black ceramic was definitely cooler than stainless steel.

Blancpain - great. Dial was a little boring but the finishing is amazing. Very thick anglage. Unfortunately there is no ceramic bracelet for the black ceramic version.

-Zenith - was a little thick, too AP like, and the openworked one was disappointing. I dont mind machine finishing at that price, but the movement needs to be architected in a way that doesn't emphasize the world parts.

Then I remembered the Hublot Integral. I actually had one in titanium I bought thinking it was the black one (low brightness on phone + 2AM)

I really liked it, but was hoping to find the ceramic version.

Then last night I finally found one at a decent price, so this is en route!

The movement architecture is definitely nicer than the Zenith skyline openworked, and IMO the case shape is a lot sleeker too.

Both are owned by LVMH, and are quite similar. This was a lot cheaper too - ~11.5 "used".

Big-Bang-Integrated-Black-Magic-42-mm---PR-shot.jpg

Here is a pic of the old one I had in titanium. It was very comfortable I'm not sure how I forgot about the black ceramic variant lol

IMG_4382.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads