• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LVEsq

Reaction score
I had a client in a personal injury case who was a so called "Sovereign citizen." His case settled for a nice amount. The insurance company reported the settlement and the plaintiff's name/SSN to the Massachusetts Department or Revue. DOR checked to see if the party had any unpaid child support and unpaid taxes that were owed. Then I received a Tax Intercept letter informing me that my client "Mr. Sovereign Citizen" owes unpaid taxes of $257,000. I called the client and asked do you have proof you have been paying your taxes in recent years? He responds no, I stopped paying taxes a few years ago because I'm a "Sovereign citizen." When I explained, the situation of course he asked "What are my rights?" Well, basically he can either provide proof he paid his taxes and we submit the proof, or he can't in which case the government will be taking all of his settlement proceeds less our attorneys fees and expenses. Suddenly he wished he had paid his taxes! ;)
I had the same experience - settled a PI case for a good amount of money. Client was not a "sovereign citizen" but someone who neglected to tell me that he had a $237,000.00 child support lien haha - well at least the kids finally get paid, but he does not.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is 954 degrees outside… and this POS belongs in the trash can featured in this picture’s background.
IMG_6357.jpeg

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. You’re on bus stop benches, aren’t you.
Actually, there is a guy in the area who does a lot of workers comp cases. He has ads on busses, bus stops, billboards and he even had a few TV ads. He isn't one of the bigger 3 or 4 in the area that do these embarrassing ads...but he gained fair amount of notoriety for spitting on someone! Really, spitting on someone? What's next biting people?

Now when ever I see his ads I always want to dub over them to say, "Do you need an attorney who is serious about spitting on someone? If you have been insulted, harassed or you just don't like someone, and you need us to spit on them, call the law offices of ABC NOW!"

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a client in a personal injury case who was a so called "Sovereign citizen." His case settled for a nice amount. The insurance company reported the settlement and the plaintiff's name/SSN to the Massachusetts Department or Revue. DOR checked to see if the party had any unpaid child support and unpaid taxes that were owed. Then I received a Tax Intercept letter informing me that my client "Mr. Sovereign Citizen" owes unpaid taxes of $257,000. I called the client and asked do you have proof you have been paying your taxes in recent years? He responds no, I stopped paying taxes a few years ago because I'm a "Sovereign citizen." When I explained, the situation of course he asked "What are my rights?" Well, basically he can either provide proof he paid his taxes and we submit the proof, or he can't in which case the government will be taking all of his settlement proceeds less our attorneys fees and expenses. Suddenly he wished he had paid his taxes! ;)
A PI case? Was he "travelling in commerce"?
Really, spitting on someone? What's next biting people?
I didn't realize Luis Suarez was a lawyer. Guess he can't keep up his Barca lifestyle on Brazilian league wages.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL.

Sovereign citizen videos on YouTube are a great way to waste hours of your life.

I actually had a court hearing several months ago where one of the parties (pro se) showed up and was thisclose to making a sovereign citizen argument to the judge, but she just couldn't fully commit to the bit. It was entertaining to say the least.

I've actually tried reading their tax arguments. Their arguments are so off base that I cannot even begin to argue, if that makes sense. It's akin to trying to respond to a claim that watches and bagels are the same. Where do you start?

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually, there is a guy in the area who does a lot of workers comp cases. He has ads on busses, bus stops, billboards and he even had a few TV ads. He isn't one of the bigger 3 or 4 in the area that do these embarrassing ads...but he gained fair amount of notoriety for spitting on someone! Really, spitting on someone? What's next biting people?

Now when ever I see his ads I always want to dub over them to say, "Do you need an attorney who is serious about spitting on someone? If you have been insulted, harassed or you just don't like someone, and you need us to spit on them, call the law offices of ABC NOW!"
Many years ago my wife and were just married and heading to St. Maarten for our honeymoon. At Logan, some guy starts chatting with my wife in line while I was checking bags. After several minutes, he starts to get a bit more forward and asks to show her around the island since he travels there frequently. She politely declined, mentioning again that we were on our honeymoon. In a last ditch effort, he hands her a business card just in case she needs anything during the trip. We recognized the name instantly due to his ads that were everywhere back then.

forlizzi.jpg

We still see his ads on TV and laugh about it.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It’s great to see a lot of lawyers in this thread. The one thing my colleagues and friends all agree on, is that the world needs more lawyers. Particularly corporate compliance lawyers, those guys are the bee’s knees.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s great to see a lot of lawyers in this thread. The one thing my colleagues and friends all agree on, is that the world needs more lawyers. Particularly corporate compliance lawyers, those guys are the bee’s knees.

laughing at bus stop ads in their kirkland signature smh

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Say it ain’t so :oops:

If they get rid of Essentials, I’m done :angry:

You're safe, for now.

Amazon.com is jettisoning dozens of its in-house brands as part of a significant reduction of its private-label operation as it works to fend off antitrust scrutiny and shore up profit.

The Seattle-based company in the past year has decided to eliminate 27 of its 30 clothing brands, such as Lark & Ro, Daily Ritual and Goodthreads, according to people familiar with the matter. Some of the brands remain on Amazon’s site for now as the company sells off remaining inventory, but when completed its house-label clothing division will have just three brands: Amazon Essentials, Amazon Collection and Amazon Aware.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads