• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Lololololololol:

ap_marvel_7.jpg

Not gonna lie, that’s one of the nicest Invicta’s I’ve seen. If it comes up on their Home Shopping Network channel, I’m copping.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Similar to the BP watch, it actually wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have the huge character on the dial.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was traveling for work yesterday, and popped into an AD because, why not. That AD had quite the mixture - among others, Nomos, Grand Seiko, and Oris.

Nomos, as always, left me cold. Tried a few on, but none of them looked right on my wrist. It is unfortunate, because I really like what the brand is doing.

I like Grand Seiko - the SBGA413 and the SBGY007 and the SBGW231 are watches that I have enjoyed trying on. But I got a chance to try the new Series 9 collection and walked away without having any interest in them (specifically, I tried the White Birch and the new Lake Suwa). I was excited to give these a shot, but both models felt heavy and bulky and just too large. I guess it is ultimately a good thing. The movements looked really nice though.

Finally, I tried on a few Oris. While a lot of the Oris models leave me cold, standing out like a lighthouse at the dead of night was the Kermit Pro Pilot. I do not think of myself as much of a "fun" watch guy, but this thing was great! I do not think I could get past the $4,600 for a fun watch, but it is an absolute joy. The pro pilot case wears really nicely as well. Not for me, but it certainly put a smile on my face.

20230309_OrisKermit_009.jpg

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was traveling for work yesterday, and popped into an AD because, why not. That AD had quite the mixture - among others, Nomos, Grand Seiko, and Oris.

Nomos, as always, left me cold. Tried a few on, but none of them looked right on my wrist. It is unfortunate, because I really like what the brand is doing.

I like Grand Seiko - the SBGA413 and the SBGY007 and the SBGW231 are watches that I have enjoyed trying on. But I got a chance to try the new Series 9 collection and walked away without having any interest in them (specifically, I tried the White Birch and the new Lake Suwa). I was excited to give these a shot, but both models felt heavy and bulky and just too large. I guess it is ultimately a good thing. The movements looked really nice though.

Finally, I tried on a few Oris. While a lot of the Oris models leave me cold, standing out like a lighthouse at the dead of night was the Kermit Pro Pilot. I do not think of myself as much of a "fun" watch guy, but this thing was great! I do not think I could get past the $4,600 for a fun watch, but it is an absolute joy. The pro pilot case wears really nicely as well. Not for me, but it certainly put a smile on my face.

;-)

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads