• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell ?… Tbh I enjoy Dino’s posts a lot, he knows what he is speaking about and has a good spirit.
The problem (I think) we have here is that some (not all) people buy Rolex only for the brand name, they are not really interested in watches. More in conformism.
I think we are talking about several different topics here. I was just giving ducatiti the benefit of the doubt. I can’t recall him posting here before. This isn’t exactly the place for flexing conformism. This place is like 4chan for degenerates on waitlists and UMC asshats. Obviously Dino is an OG in the thread.

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem (I think) we have here is that some (not all) people buy Rolex only for the brand name, they are not really interested in watches. More in conformism.

And that's just the way Rolex would like to keep it. If their customers were better informed about watches the crown would be well on the way to bankruptcy (given its vast modern expansion of liabilities in boutiques, advertising and sponsorship of countless prestige sporting & cultural events).

Last edited:

FlithyButler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aren’t you a special boy. Maybe mummy or daddy will give you allowance for another watch.

We can recall he was planning on flipping his last gift from his father to get a different model; obviously he is equally unimpressed with his parents' taste.

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where are you fishing? What is the rod/reel combo? Pretty much stopped reading fishing catalogues when my sons were born 20 years ago ....the couple of times a year when we fish I feel like Rip Van Winkle
Did a float down the Lehigh river in eastern PA. First time fishing there.

Rod Hardy 9’9” 4wt ultralight and Hardy UDL large arbor.

I go thru waves, but the fever is strong this year.

pmeis

Reaction score
Adding on to the apparent Rolex wankfest. When I put this on yesterday it dawned on me that despite this being the heaviest watch I own, by virtue of it being the only one I wear on a bracelet, it is definitely the most comfortable watch to wear that I own. Which seems a bit crazy as most of my other watches are quite light on the wrist.

My tastes are not what most would call mainstream, and this is by far my most normie watch (despite it being two-tone), but it’s just so well done that I do understand why people are compelled to own multiple Rolexes, even unrelated to the status seeking/chasing elements of it.

4D341EC1-EF98-4EAA-A41A-6F9DA1FDC420.jpeg

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Adding on to the apparent Rolex wankfest. When I put this on yesterday it dawned on me that despite this being the heaviest watch I own, by virtue of it being the only one I wear on a bracelet, it is definitely the most comfortable watch to wear that I own. Which seems a bit crazy as most of my other watches are quite light on the wrist.

My tastes are not what most would call mainstream, and this is by far my most normie watch (despite it being two-tone), but it’s just so well done that I do understand why people are compelled to own multiple Rolexes, even unrelated to the status seeking/chasing elements of it.

View attachment 1945043
Each to his own ! It is a nice watch indeed.
In my case I prefer to have watches from different makers, it is the same with clothing. De gustibus etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads