• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Winot

Reaction score
Back in 2016 I wanted a plain gold watch and ended up buying pre-owned Lange Saxonia Extra Thin (40mm). It was slightly too large for my taste, and soon after Lange brought out the 37mm model. Doh! - bad timing on my part.

Purism meant I rejected as options watches with a second hand - I thought I wanted a completely plain dial. That was a mistake too.

Anyway fast forward to 2022 and an option to part exchange the Lange for this came up. So I jumped, and all is right with the world:

58143F66-2ED1-4B8B-B432-87762D23A89D.jpeg

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's from yesterday (20th), had to get up early to catch the train back to MXP.

Found a vintage shop close to Armani & Chanel boutiques that had a few Pateks...

View attachment 1805009 View attachment 1805010 View attachment 1805011 View attachment 1805012 View attachment 1805013 View attachment 1805014 View attachment 1805015

To be honest, these are atrocious. Who puts stickers on a Patek like that? Does it say it is a reference 96 from 1928? I though that reference was from the 30s. Those hands look very suspect and the printing on the minute track looks redone. What were the prices like?

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back in 2016 I wanted a plain gold watch and ended up buying pre-owned Lange Saxonia Extra Thin (40mm). It was slightly too large for my taste, and soon after Lange brought out the 37mm model. Doh! - bad timing on my part.

Purism meant I rejected as options watches with a second hand - I thought I wanted a completely plain dial. That was a mistake too.

Anyway fast forward to 2022 and an option to part exchange the Lange for this came up. So I jumped, and all is right with the world:

View attachment 1805271

Beautiful shot. The 5196 gets a lot of hate due to the 215 movement, but it is a total beauty on the wrist. An all time classic.

chocomallo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been really liking the Chopard time traveler. Seems like a robust in-house movement, with my fav complication, for a decent price. Maybe slightly large at 42mm

Who's gonna be the first to **** on it?

View attachment 1805249

View attachment 1805250

Chopard makes really nice quality watches and the LUC line is superb, including this model. I am a big fan of the brand but I do wish they made watches closer to 40mm and under. Also keep in mind that service costs for Chopard watches are quite pricey. As I recall, much higher than any other brand I have owned.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be honest, these are atrocious. Who puts stickers on a Patek like that? Does it say it is a reference 96 from 1928? I though that reference was from the 30s. Those hands look very suspect and the printing on the minute track looks redone. What were the prices like?

13k EUR for that one, 32mm with original signed buckle, and it supposedly comes with certificate but I was never shown them.

The rep originally said it's from the 40s then he said 28 after reading the sticker. lol.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m probably just salty about it, I really like that watch and while it was a stretch before at $17K it’s probably out of the running at a no-discount $21K.

But I think most price increase were more in line with 10%. I think it’s a pretty aggressive to jack up your entry level pieces the most, while at the same time consolidating to no-deal boutiques only.

HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HERE IS YOUR CHANCE!!!

I saw! Alas, my birthday (my excuse for an extravagant watch purchase) is still a ways away, and as I mentioned before 17K was decidedly a stretch.

I'm interested to see how the secondary market turns in the next 6 months or so, especially with regard to non-hype watches and dress pieces. Hopefully it'll soften up to the point where people will accept 10-20% off of list price

I will say, EWC does seem to have a great website layout (incoming and newly arrived sections) and a solid rotation of stock. I'm not sure if they are just not listing all of their inventory but the Watchbox site is pretty static with not nearly as many new items on a regular basis as EWC

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm interested to see how the secondary market turns in the next 6 months or so, especially with regard to non-hype watches and dress pieces. Hopefully it'll soften up to the point where people will accept 10-20% off of list price

Only time will tell.

I will say, EWC does seem to have a great website layout (incoming and newly arrived sections) and a solid rotation of stock. I'm not sure if they are just not listing all of their inventory but the Watchbox site is pretty static with not nearly as many new items on a regular basis as EWC

EWC do move very quickly. About 2 weeks ago, I've seen them listed 2 Saxonia Thin Copper Blue, one new one used. They were both gone in 1-2 days...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garrendavid777