• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Travel safely, and don't go to questionable destinations, be aware of your surroundings and you should be fine. I've worn a Rolex Explorer II every time I've traveled and never had a problem. Even when I lived in a big city with a lot of crime and I was wearing a steel Daytona daily, no one bothered me.

+1 for the Explorer II - I've worn mine all over Africa, all sorts of places, many times, no problem. Only takes one time though I guess. Always figured I could use it to get out of a jam, use it as a knuckle-duster, etc. (joke). Great travel watch.

Dachshund

Reaction score
940F3C43-6ECF-4E9E-B55B-EF3020470C7E.jpeg

Hello...who’s this?

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: TSA, I've never taken my watch off going through TSA and never had a problem with that. As soon as they go over your wrist with the wand and know it's a watch, the whole scene is over. Nobody has ever asked me to take it off and put it through the scanner.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: TSA, I've never taken my watch off going through TSA and never had a problem with that. As soon as they go over your wrist with the wand and know it's a watch, the whole scene is over. Nobody has ever asked me to take it off and put it through the scanner.
Yup. Same here.
And if they did you can request a hand / wand check if you want to be really cautious about your watch.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I try to avoid the extra wanding if at all possible. So if I'm wearing Alden's and a watch, I put the watch in my briefcase. If I'm not wearing something with a steel shank, I keep the watch on. It's always works at my home airport but it's not 100% at my destination.

Edit: now that I think about it, if the detector goes off, they hand me a tray for my watch so I'd rather just put it in my briefcase beforehand. Never thought to request a hand check.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nani94