• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pmeis

Reaction score
Any advice on watch rolls? Bosphorus looks solid. I was going to order from Aaron Bespoke but it’s a chunk pricier.

I guess it depends on what you are really needing out of it. I think something like the Delugs Prism "rolls" are actually more practical and still nicely made.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As you imply, the home safe is the way to go. I just haven‘t gotten around to it. Part of my lax approach to buying a safe is that I drive directly by the bank on my way to work. They know me and I can be in and out in five minutes.
I picked up this up just for watches. It's sized to fit a battery powered Orbita dual winder and the Bennet Winch watch roll. Electronic keypad makes it easy to get in/out of.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Raymond Weil is really hitting it out of the park recently. Not a fan of the moon face and the smaller minutes track but other than that, the independents can learn a thing or two about dials from them.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raymond Weil is really hitting it out of the park recently. Not a fan of the moon face and the smaller minutes track but other than that, the independents can learn a thing or two about dials from them.

Not bad. I like the creepy moon face. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still honeymooning.
IMG_7380.jpeg

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do any of these pricier strap makers actually have product that lasts longer than the cheaper guys?

I burned through my Lange alligator in 6 to 10 months with two watches, I think they use Jean Rousseau.

I want to put alligator on some of my other watches but idk about spending $$$ on something that is going to be thrown out in 6 months…

Maybe also extra wear because I wore them continuously without letting the leather get a break? Similar to nice shoes?
This has literally never happened to me. Are you wearing the straps every day in hot or humid climate while exercising or being active? I only use Camille Fournet because: 1) they make the nicest straps I've ever seen; and 2) they allow you to design your own strap using soft, hypoallergenic rubber lining for the underside of the strap. It extends the life of the strap significantly and feels way more comfortable than other typical leather lining options.

Good, well made straps are expensive. Never skimp on straps, particularly if it's a nice watch.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's also small enough for a burglar to take with them. Very considerate of you.
If someone really wants my [or your] belongings, nothing will stop them. That's what insurance is for. However, if you own a safe that size and don't bolt it to the floor, you aren't just considerate...you are an idiot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads