• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Well. That new Calatrava sure is....something.

Steel three-hander with date. Hints of a JLC Polaris design. Just a mere $28K.

And limited, natch.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Busy design; seems like it would be annoying to keep clean. Lots of places for wrist cheese to collect. :p

Anyway, for that money in an 18K bracelet watch, I'd rather have something from AP.
This is the comparable AP, which is also $10K more. Not feeling it.

1592491453518.png

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Blue polaris.jpg

Well I'm sure it will sell like proverbial hotcakes and become a future collectible. Because, Patek.

But sticking with the Jaeger comparison methodology, you can get something like this one on bracelet for under 7 grand. (Image is obviously courtesy of a well-known gray dealer). Of course it's not limited, and there are versions with black dials, date models etc.

Not that I'm in the market for anything similar myself. Just new boot goofin'.

edit: sentence structure

Ebitdaddy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it will really become collectable, Patek doesn't actually do that well 2nd hand unless it's a very very hot model like the Nautilus. I

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Good to see you back Mimo I was thinking about you the other day - wondering when we’ll next see an iPhone pic of your reflection as in the glass as you walk into the building!
Interesting WAW update.
Haha..I haven't done that for at least five years I'm sure (also I NEVER i-anything!), but I'll see what I can do - totally forgotten about that!
Welcome back Mimo!
Thanks pal!
Luke 15:23
I had to look it up, but thanks! Also, nice parable...we should have more parables and stuff.
:smile:
*waves at Mimo*
Waving back!
Oof. This is the business.

It is. I have also had the pleasure of seeing this one in the flesh, back in the free times...and an important answer to the questions above on how it wears: yes, the chronograph is thick and chunky. Even the time-only is a watch with some presence. But this one is actually way slimmer even than the time only. It wears totally differently. It's the Jumbo of Overseasesezez, sort of. Classy oligarch-wear.

A version this slim of a steel Overseas would be something.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
For some reason, I feel compelled to post this link here (stumbled upon in my late AM internet skimming):

Some red car for sale :)

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well. That new Calatrava sure is....something.

Steel three-hander with date. Hints of a JLC Polaris design. Just a mere $28K.

And limited, natch.

I like it, but not enough for that kind of money. Still, I'm sure it will sell, since today they could just about take a hockey puck, put a Patek symbol and a leather strap on it and people will buy it, especially if dealers tell people the production is limited and they have to get on a wait list for it! :wink:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
are you talking about this:

View attachment 1408151

What a dog's dinner. I mean, it's not horrible but it looks a bit of a design jumble. Definite smash hit; they'll queue for years. Sigh.

View attachment 1408156

Well I'm sure it will sell like proverbial hotcakes and become a future collectible. Because, Patek...you can get something like this one on bracelet for under 7 grand

Quite so. There was a limited blue dial Polaris Date last year that's super pretty in person (though I'm not a day counter guy...) Seven grand gives a lot of choice in simple blue sports watches. But Patek Syndrome is a powerful thing.

I’d prefer something like this:

View attachment 1408153

Easier on the wallet as well. I mean, with some squirreling away of funds, I could actually afford this.

Yeah, it's a third of the VC or AP and widely discounted. There's a white gold one with a grey dial that's great to look at too. I don't do gold, so I'd go with the black dial/steel, which is crazy value. But the rose gold with its ivory dial and chocolate strap is a beautiful, warm thing that looks fantastic.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixieboweres