• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally think most Valstar run on slimmer side like a lot of Italian brands. I'd have no issues sizing up one, esp if you wanted to layer under it.

That p2p and length is in line with a 46 when looking at measurments of the cowboy jacket on NMWA.
Agreed, I took this Clint in a 50 along with the Valstarino. The 48 works but is a bit more constricting.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do you layer? I don’t, so TTS Clint for me was fine, I had chunky sweater under before think it’s a bit tight but wearable

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks @nqtri Measurements appear more like a 48 to me! I am 5'9 and a MARGE nowadays (between medium and large). Who else can chime in?
I'm a Med-Lg as well and the Clint in 50 fits well. It's a slimmer fit, but I wouldn't really want a larger fit in it because the suede would probably be very drapey. It has a corduroy lining and I just wear it over a shirt in spring and fall. I wouldn't really want to wear it over a sweater.

LatAm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a Med-Lg as well and the Clint in 50 fits well. It's a slimmer fit, but I wouldn't really want a larger fit in it because the suede would probably be very drapey. It has a corduroy lining and I just wear it over a shirt in spring and fall. I wouldn't really want to wear it over a sweater.

Same here. My Clint 50 is TTS and fits great - I'm a consistent 40" sports coat fit, 5'9", 165 lb.

I never thought of it as slim fitting, but perhaps because I only wear it open, usually over a shirt.

I just tried it on, and zipped up over a shirt it's comfortably snug. Over a thick sweater zipped up it's too snug. Who knew 🤷‍♂️

If you're a 40 and you want to zip it over a thick sweater in addition to the warm corduroy lining, you may want to size up?

P.S. I size up one for the Valstarinos

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same here. My Clint 50 is TTS and fits great - I'm a consistent 40" sports coat fit, 5'9", 165 lb.

I never thought of it as slim fitting, but perhaps because I only wear it open, usually over a shirt.

I just tried it on, and zipped up over a shirt it's comfortably snug. Over a thick sweater zipped up it's too snug. Who knew 🤷‍♂️

If you're a 40 and you want to zip it over a thick sweater in addition to the warm corduroy lining, you may want to size up?

P.S. I size up one for the Valstarinos
I’m 6’3” 185lbs and a 50 Clint still fits me, albeit slim. I take a 50 or 52 in Valstar gear depending on how I want it to fit. Most of the time, I need a 52 to have enough room in the shoulders.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in on the Clint's sizing all. My experience is similar, I'm 48 contemporary (not slim) in tailoring and I got the Clint to wear with a shirt and thin turtleneck underneath. Had the Valstarino in 50 and that was much slimmer.

Clint is thicker and heavier however to to the calf suede vs goat suede on Valstarino

withbluejeans

Reaction score
Selling two items, both BNWT. Pick-up in NYC or shipped.

• Portuguese Flannel button-down in 100% linen, size M. Color is an off-white. $95 before shipping.
  • Stephan Schneider wool/cashmere pants in a Size 4. Navy. $95 before shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_3111.JPG
    IMG_3111.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    319.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 5c704354a44542cd96c19bc5eee358cd.jpeg
    5c704354a44542cd96c19bc5eee358cd.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 42

zachthespook

Reaction score
Never got around to wearing this, so I’m letting it go. Valstar, fully lined Valstarino in Charcoal suede. Brand-new condition. Retailed $1300. Thick, high quality Italian lamb leather outer, fully-lined 100% cotton body and 100% Viscose sleeve lining. Fits size L (52) asking $750 shipped. Comes with original garment bag

IMG_2730.JPG

View attachment 2094615 View attachment 2094617 View attachment 2094619 View attachment 2094621 View attachment 2094623 View attachment 2094625 View attachment 2094627

Bumping this, shoot me an offer at this point. I just really need to clear out my closet.

Size 52 (L) special edition lined Charcoal Lamb Suede Valstarino (Mr. P exclusive with natural cotton lined interior that has a large UK Coat of Arms seal). This is the thickest/softest suede valstarino I've ever owned, despite it not being insulated.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a Valstarino wide problem, but despite never being worn, the buttons are fairly loose. Can professionally fix them before sending out the garment.

Last edited:

bassted

Reaction score

Attachments

• monitaly_old_dog.jpg
    monitaly_old_dog.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 33
  • camo_balio.jpg
    camo_balio.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 52
  • ikiji_side_tab.jpg
    ikiji_side_tab.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 58

withbluejeans

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads