• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The unofficial NMWA Buy/Sell Thread (a.k.a. second chance thread)

Themistocles

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread, but how do y'all treat your Valstar suedes when it comes to rain and such? I have it drilled into my head (thanks, Seinfeld!) that rain equals death for suede, buttttttt also hear it often on here that suede is excellent for kickabout type rain shoes.
Second this, would love to know why this seems to be reoccurring advice. If it’s just “embrace the ware and tear” then why not just use regular leather?

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Because suede shoes with Nano is like zero additional maintenance work. Someone should nano the crap out of a suede jacket and report for public service…

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sprayed my Valstar Clint with Superinvulner and it looks the same. I spray all of my suede with it, including hiking boots. After a dusty hike, I hose them off and they look practically new and the suede doesn’t get wet.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have never compared Saphir Superinvulner vs nano, they're more less the same I assume?
I've always been a Tarrago nano guy for my suede shoes. I'm guessing it's price driven and I'm just cheap.

Screenshot 2023-12-21 091455.png

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use to apply the nano spray to shoes / other suede stuff but havent really noticed much of a difference with spray vs wo spray tbh and stopped doing so and no issues to either shoes or other suede stuff from what I can see.

I have the valstar suede down vest and wear it without issue in rain

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
drizzle or downpour, I definitely had suede jacket (that I used as beater back in college days) got hit in downpour constantly (it was my one jacket) and develop like this "harden" patched ish looking surface

sartoria vacua

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
while packing up some recent thread buys, called the audible i thought i never would -

eidos ragosta - tag size 56 moessmer army green herringbone wool, pre-order only. last of the greats. absolutely NWT. just never pulled into rotation, kept getting into too much new fw kit. $800 shipped to conus - apologies am motivating in a precious place w/ this one - still a great discount from orig cost. iphone pics a bit more desaturated than IRL, see screenshot for true color.

View attachment 2086461 View attachment 2086463 View attachment 2086469 View attachment 2086467

View attachment 2086447

updated to $640 shipped to conus ftw

dkboze

Reaction score
A few pieces for your consideration. All prices include shipping. Discounts on multiples.

3) Eidos horizontal aran mockneck wool sweater in navy blue. Size XL (fits L/XL - 22" P2P, although with a good amount of stretch available). Worn a few times but in excellent condition. SOLD

catch and release on this eidos aran mockneck. same price, 150 shipped

eidos-horizontal-aran-mock-neck-wool-sweater-in-navy-blue-in-size-xl_4-jpg.2077305

eidos-horizontal-aran-mock-neck-wool-sweater-in-navy-blue-in-size-xl_3-jpg.2077303

eidos-horizontal-aran-mock-neck-wool-sweater-in-navy-blue-in-size-xl-jpg.2077299

dkboze

Reaction score
Selling a De Bonne Facture Pecora Nera sweater in taupe in XL from two years ago. Unworn, NWT. They sell a similar one now but sold out and no longer offered in the og Pecora Nera wool. 425 (slightly under list price) shipped obo. They run a bit small imo so XL could work for a regular large like me

de_bonne_facture_fall_winter_2020_16_2048x.jpg

img_8294-jpeg.1876662

drop to 300 shipped

Kangnamstyles

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use to apply the nano spray to shoes / other suede stuff but havent really noticed much of a difference with spray vs wo spray tbh and stopped doing so and no issues to either shoes or other suede stuff from what I can see.

I have the valstar suede down vest and wear it without issue in rain
Would be curious to see any pics (if you have some handy) of the rained on vest.

zachthespook

Reaction score
Never got around to wearing this, so I’m letting it go. Valstar, fully lined Valstarino in Charcoal suede. Brand-new condition. Retailed $1300. Thick, high quality Italian lamb leather outer, fully-lined 100% cotton body and 100% Viscose sleeve lining. Fits size L (52) asking 750 shipped. Comes with original garment bag View attachment 2094615 View attachment 2094617 View attachment 2094619 View attachment 2094621 View attachment 2094623 View attachment 2094625 View attachment 2094627
Bumping $675, brand new. Can provide measurements by request

AltNameTK

Reaction score
Hi friends, I'm selling these NMWA-type items if there's any interest. Offers are welcome.

Dropping to $110 for the Harley shetland and $550 for the Doppiaa coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads