• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mouser or Digikey, but they're really meant for lab-type environments and don't 'look' as good as the conical ones haha. And are kinda pricey. They also sell a ton to nail salons/artists so some of the designs are more feminine.

https://www.mouser.ca/Menda/Tools-Supplies/Liquid-Dispensers-Bottles/_/N-a3agx?P=1z11xng

http://www.mendabeauty.com/

https://www.digikey.ca/en/supplier-centers/e/easybraid

They look pretty nice, I may just get one. Thinking a good Dispenser may help with my polishing practicing..
Thank you!

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any watch lovers here in TO that can recommend a good place/person that services and repairs vintage mechanical watches? I received an old Omega Seamaster DeVille from my grandfather that needs servicing and could use a good polish/cleaning too. I thought about sending it to Omega directly, however I want to avoid spending more than the actual value of the watch.

Additionally, I'm also looking to buy my first stainless steel "luxury" watch - maybe Rolex, Tudor, Grand Seiko, JLC, Omega or Cartier. Do you have any recommendations for authorized dealers who are great to deal with and possibly even willing to provide a bit of a discount?

Thanks!

Look up Archer Watches. He is well respected on the Omega Forums and is in Ontario. He will however only do a full service of your vintage Omega, but chances are it needs one anyway. I don't know too much about vintage watches, but I don't recommend you polish the case as it will degrade the value. Please post some pics, I'd love to see the watch.

Full disclosure: I have messaged with Al (Archer Watches), but have not used his services yet. I plan on sending him some of my vintage Omegas soon.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know Al from way back and have availed myself of his services many times. He's top notch.

What does he charge to service an Omega?

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, Drake's is having a trunk show at Harry Rosen Bloor this Saturday. You can go bespoke (length, width, etc...), AND they're having special pricing on their RTW stock of Drake's ties (discount TBD).

They retail for $185 right now, so even a small discount would be reasonable.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got this

DEAR FRIENDS AND FAMILY

BLACKWATCH SAMPLE SALE IS GOING TO BE ON

THURSDAY 11TH 9AM TO 7PM

FRIDAY 12TH 9AM TO 7PM

UP TO 75% OFF RETAIL WITH MANY NEW BRANDS

MENS BRANDS

ORLEBAR BROWN SWIM AND RESORT. (FINAL SEASON GET THEM WHILE YOU CAN)

JOHN SMEDLEY KNITWEAR

MADE IN ITALY JACKETS AND SUITS FROM 0909

EDUARD DRESSLER SUITS AND JACKET S FROM GERMANY

NEW TROUSER BRAND FROM ITALY BRIGLIA AMAZING PANTS..

PENROSE TIES AND ALTEA ACCESSORIES....

VALSTAR LEATHER AND SUEDE JACKETS...

ESEMPLARE OUTERWEAR FROM ITALY...

ORDEAN SHIRTS

SUITS AT $299 $399 $499. ALL SIZES ....38- 46

JACKETS 38 -44 $230 $330

TROUSERS

WOMENSWEAR

SCARVES FROM ALTEA

ESEMPLARE OUTERWEAR, DOWN JACKETS AND FASHION PIECES

THANKYOU ALL AND LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY PLENTY OF STOCK THIS SEASON....

MARC PSAROLIS

CEO BLACKWATCH AGENCY

354 DAVENPORT ROAD

TORONTO M5R 1K6

CutandSew

Reaction score
Look up Archer Watches. He is well respected on the Omega Forums and is in Ontario. He will however only do a full service of your vintage Omega, but chances are it needs one anyway. I don't know too much about vintage watches, but I don't recommend you polish the case as it will degrade the value. Please post some pics, I'd love to see the watch.

Full disclosure: I have messaged with Al (Archer Watches), but have not used his services yet. I plan on sending him some of my vintage Omegas soon.

Here are some photos. You'll notice that the bracelet seems tarnished. I'll probably replace it with a leather strap of some sort. I just hope this is a real vintage Omega!

Omega 1.jpeg
Omega 2.jpeg
Omega 3.jpeg
Omega 4.jpeg
Omega 5.jpeg

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos. You'll notice that the bracelet seems tarnished. I'll probably replace it with a leather strap of some sort. I just hope this is a real vintage Omega!

View attachment 1151355 View attachment 1151360 View attachment 1151361 View attachment 1151362 View attachment 1151363

Nice watch! I think Deville’s are known to have good movements. I’m no expert, but it looks like all original parts to me. The only thing is the bracelet - I’m not familiar with this particular one. It’s hard to see in the pic, but is the caseback gold in colour? If so, the watch should be solid gold and not gold plated. The only way to know more about the watch and it’s authenticity is the open it up and look up the reference number/movement etc. and cross reference it on Omega’s website.

Last edited:

gianm

Reaction score
Hey guys, Drake's is having a trunk show at Harry Rosen Bloor this Saturday. You can go bespoke (length, width, etc...), AND they're having special pricing on their RTW stock of Drake's ties (discount TBD).

They retail for $185 right now, so even a small discount would be reasonable.

What timing. In Toronto for the weekend and will definitely check this out.

Any other recommendations for good menswear stores to check out here?

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What timing. In Toronto for the weekend and will definitely check this out.

Any other recommendations for good menswear stores to check out here?

Harry Rosen outlet in Mississauga
Tom's Place in Kensington Market
Vaughan Mills has some decent outlets
Toronto Premium Outlet has some good stores as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads