• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

masernaut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you! I heard about it but didn't know it has a store.

Lost + Found has great staff. Can't remember her name, but the Asian chick is super hot. And also very helpful.

They've got Aldens in CXL + shell, and Vibergs as well. Worth trying on everything to determine your size.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's no hesitation, I will only attend a trunk show when I have the intention to buy stuff. I have no intention in buying Vass at full price, or MTO. I always want to set the expectation right, and probably that's why I don't shop in stores very often nowadays.

Are you attending EB trunk show? I recall you said you are up.

I want to go - I've always wanted a pair of Enzos but I avoid buying and trying online at all costs. Because I cannot commit to a purchase due to a couple of recent purchases in the past month and change (a pair of C&J chunky derbies among them) I'm hesitant on going. We also don't know if it's open to the public.

I've gone to trunk shows in the past without purchasing - it's how I figured out my Saint Crispin's sizing when Leatherfoot was still active. I'm more conscious of doing that now. But you'll never know how you'll fit unless you go and try, and advice from a company rep/proprietor is invaluable.

If it's public, who's going? I'd definitely want to scope out the event if others are going.

Also: if by 'swinging by during sale season' meant you're hoping for a small discount, be prepared to be disappointed: I think Alden has only gone on sale once in the past few years. I'd say check out their offerings whenever you feel up for it, and try something on if any of their models interest you.

Lost + Found has great staff. Can't remember her name, but the Asian chick is super hot. And also very helpful.

They've got Aldens in CXL + shell, and Vibergs as well. Worth trying on everything to determine your size.

Chrys is a cool lady. She saw me wearing one of my Engineered Garments floral shirts when I visted the shop one day and we struck a quick conversation about the brand. Even if they're the 5th store to carry the brand, I'm happy that they're carrying Engineered Garments now.

I'm trying to warm myself up towards a Real McCoy's purchase within the next year, because I know they almost never go on sale.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm probably not as up to date with this thread as i'd hoped, but what happened to Leatherfoot?

Sorry if this was already discussed before.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden doesn’t go on sale at LF

I want to go - I've always wanted a pair of Enzos but I avoid buying and trying online at all costs. Because I cannot commit to a purchase due to a couple of recent purchases in the past month and change (a pair of C&J chunky derbies among them) I'm hesitant on going. We also don't know if it's open to the public.

I've gone to trunk shows in the past without purchasing - it's how I figured out my Saint Crispin's sizing when Leatherfoot was still active. I'm more conscious of doing that now. But you'll never know how you'll fit unless you go and try, and advice from a company rep/proprietor is invaluable.

If it's public, who's going? I'd definitely want to scope out the event if others are going.

Also: if by 'swinging by during sale season' meant you're hoping for a small discount, be prepared to be disappointed: I think Alden has only gone on sale once in the past few years. I'd say check out their offerings whenever you feel up for it, and try something on if any of their models interest you.

Chrys is a cool lady. She saw me wearing one of my Engineered Garments floral shirts when I visted the shop one day and we struck a quick conversation about the brand. Even if they're the 5th store to carry the brand, I'm happy that they're carrying Engineered Garments now.

I'm trying to warm myself up towards a Real McCoy's purchase within the next year, because I know they almost never go on sale.

Didn't know that, thanks for sharing. Wasn't a huge fan of Alden before, I think at their price point there are more suitable choices. But cordovan on the other hand, I think their offering are really good.
By "sale season", I was hoping to drop by at a time that I may actually buy something, as I don't think I would buy Alden at full price.

About the trunk show, they did mention the first day is to public, assuming the trunk shows are not.

I'm probably not as up to date with this thread as i'd hoped, but what happened to Leatherfoot?

Sorry if this was already discussed before.

They are dead.

Last edited:

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently you are not interested, some 1 minute research would get u the answer

I did read the Hogtown Rake entry on the event, but misread what you wrote in your earlier post. I claim negligence on my part there.

Tell us what you end up creating with EB during the event, if you feel inclined to share. It's always interesting to see what others come up with for their MTOs.

Group Buy?

Gonna wait until I go home before I decide.

Last edited:

Ebichuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loding on Avenue Rd (and only that location) is having a sale of "up to 50% off" on "select shoes, shirts, cashmeres and more" and "while quantities last"

Looks like that location is closing as they're opening a Union Station one.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Loding on Avenue Rd (and only that location) is having a sale of "up to 50% off" on "select shoes, shirts, cashmeres and more" and "while quantities last"

Looks like that location is closing as they're opening a Union Station one.

Really? Thanks for posting this!

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did read the Hogtown Rake entry on the event, but misread what you wrote in your earlier post. I claim negligence on my part there.

Tell us what you end up creating with EB during the event, if you feel inclined to share. It's always interesting to see what others come up with for their MTOs.

Gonna wait until I go home before I decide.

Surely I will, will post some review on the trunk show if it goes well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads