• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Viral sent you a PM.
Received.

If anyone is interested in my proxy service please PM me for details. There are no flat rates or standard prices for anything I do - everything is tailored to each transaction. Thanks I advance to all who’ve inquired!!

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A store in Germany is having a sale on Edward Green, Drake's, Attolini, Marinella, Carmina, etc.... They deduct VAT and have a 25% off sale right now.

They also carry the Marinella Archive selection ties, which is what I'm interested in (very expensive usually at retail).

https://en.michaeljondral.com/

Anybody want to do a group order? Shipping is 25 Euros, and if we split the cost in in one order, it will save money (i.e. if 5 people order, shipping is only 5 euros each).

@RogerP need more Edward Greens?

The Marinella, Drake's, and Attolini ties are stunning.

And we don't have to pay duties.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really want to comment Ian (Tower Bespoke) here,

There's a tuxedo blazer I owned has some problem on the sleeves, there's a lot of wrinkles on the sleeves.

Originally it looks like this:
1.jpg 3.jpg

I went to one of the tailoring places that has been discussed quite often in SF, the tailor convinced me that the wrinkles on the arm can be fix by narrowing the cuff, I gave that a try (cost me 100 dollars)

The result is, all the wrinkles stay where they were, and my cuff is too small to wear a french cuff shirt....
4.jpg 5.jpg

Since I really need my tuxedo for an upcoming Gala event, I asked Ian for help, most of cases, he doesn't take outside clients for alteration, but "I put a gun on his head to make him to force him to alter it for me" lol.

If I got it right, he removed the sleeves, narrow the back width a touch, lower the left armhole a bit and rotate the sleeve a bit to make it fit me, he also adjusted the cuff for me.

It now looks like this, clean and nice, and I am very happy!
7.jpg 8.jpg

From my view, I think Ian is good at what he did, and he's willing to spend time with me to understand what I need (even alteration is not one of his regular business), he explained in details on what he's going to do with my blazer, he also shared me a lot of his prospective in terms of bespoke, which I feel very helpful.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the ratio of loafers to regular dress shoes to boots you all have. I am pretty balanced in that respect, but I am finding I get the most use out of my loafers and boots. I would like to add a few styles (a double monk, more EG Dovers) to my collection, but then I realize that I won't actually get to wear them much, due to our short spring and fall seasons. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. @RogerP, somehow I know what your position on this will be.. :smile:

GucciKid

Reaction score
Anyone know where to get Saphir Renovateur in Toronto?

I would have assumed Leatherfoot would carry it, but I am not sure where they are located now and no one picks up the phone when I try to call.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I would have assumed Leatherfoot would carry it, but I am not sure where they are located now and no one picks up the phone when I try to call.

I asked the same question a few weeks ago. Novelty Shoe Rebuilders on Yonge St. was the answer for me!

CloudLi

Reaction score
Just wondering what the ratio of loafers to regular dress shoes to boots you all have. I am pretty balanced in that respect, but I am finding I get the most use out of my loafers and boots. I would like to add a few styles (a double monk, more EG Dovers) to my collection, but then I realize that I won't actually get to wear them much, due to our short spring and fall seasons. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this. @RogerP, somehow I know what your position on this will be.. :smile:
I think this topic should be a separate thread but I have 7 oxfords, 2 derbies, 2 loafer, 1 monk, 1 balmoral boots, 1 derby boots. I think for people live in near the subway station or near the path boots don’t get much use.

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Most loafers don't work with my high instep. Chukkas are what I wear in that general rule. I do get more wear out of my boots simply because I really love boots and rock them 3 seasons of the year. Oh, and proximity to transit has precisely nothing to do with my boot preference.

CloudLi

Reaction score
Most loafers don't work with my high instep. Chukkas are what I wear in that general rule. I do get more wear out of my boots simply because I really love boots and rock them 3 seasons of the year. Oh, and proximity to transit has precisely nothing to do with my boot preference.
It is much harder for me to place my feet in the boots or take them off. I have to use shoe horn and pull the the back. Don't you feel inconvenient wearing boots in a rush morning?

RogerP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is much harder for me to place my feet in the boots or take them off. I have to use shoes horn and pull the the back. Don't you feel inconvenient wearing boots in a rush morning?

I don't find that boots present an onerous challenge to put on or remove. And if my schedule were impacted by the difference in time between putting on boots versus shoes, footwear would definitely not be the root cause of my problem.

Fall through spring I am wearing boots nearly 100 per cent of the time.

Allen Dreadmon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this topic should be a separate thread but I have 7 oxfords, 2 derbies, 2 loafer, 1 monk, 1 balmoral boots, 1 derby boots. I think for people live in near the subway station or near the path boots don’t get much

It is much harder for me to place my feet in the boots or take them off. I have to use shoe horn and pull the the back. Don't you feel inconvenient wearing boots in a rush morning?

I don't find that boots present an onerous challenge to put on or remove. And if my schedule were impacted by the difference in time between putting on boots versus shoes, footwear would definitely not be the root cause of my problem.

Fall through spring I am wearing boots nearly 100 per cent of the time.
use.

Thanks for the interesting input! It seems that the we are choosing our footwear based on our preference of styles and ease of wear as much as weather appropriateness.

Personally, I am cycling 3 seasons out of the year and driving during the winter. My soles don't get much wear but I still look forward to slipping on loafers in the summer and lacing up my boots in the winter etc. Unfortunately, it seems there is a very short period of time that I get to wear my derbies. It seems like I go pretty much straight to boots because I do love wearing them as well.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the ratio of loafers to regular dress shoes to boots you all have. I am pretty balanced in that respect, but I am finding I get the most use out of my loafers and boots. I would like to add a few styles (a double monk, more EG Dovers) to my collection, but then I realize that I won't actually get to wear them much, due to our short spring and fall seasons. I'd love to hear your thoughts about this.

I've never been a fan of loafers, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. My CM-casual footwear of choice are derbies, chukkas and work boots.

No "real" dress boots yet, unfortunately. Nobody carries Enzo Bonafe in the city. :(

Send an e-mail to Leatherfoot instead. I imagine you'd get a response. Otherwise, Novelty Shoe Repair, as per Allen.

I think this topic should be a separate thread but I have 7 oxfords, 2 derbies, 2 loafer, 1 monk, 1 balmoral boots, 1 derby boots. I think for people live in near the subway station or near the path boots don’t get much use.

No need for this to be in a separate thread, methinks.

It does take a tad bit of extra time to put on and take off boots, but a shoe horn quickens the process. One of my boots has a pull tab, which helps. Do you use a longer or shorter shoe horn?

I usually wear boots during the winter. When walking outside in the wintertime, I prefer to have my boots deal with the salt, slush and snow instead of my lace-up shoes.

zinc2162

Reaction score
Speaking of boots, just picked up my Skoak order from Canada post. Got hit with both tax and duty. I thought EU goods are exempted for duty now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads