• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@burgerkong personally I don't mind the misalignment, I think it even adds some unique perspective to the shoes as even the best craftsmanship is not perfect. And they look solid on your feet so who cares unless it bugs you. I've found myself many times in the same situation where I wanted to exchange because of little details.

Just personal preference, I'm not sold on this last given its round pointiness. I would love to get that with chiseled toes though.

casadisartoria

Reaction score

Thanks casadistoria. I know they get things done in Pakistan (no idea how thtat compares to HK tailors). I have an appointment with them in a couple weeks so I just have to be patient. I'll definitely check out The Dirty Inc.

As for shirts, I actually have a Suitsupply shirt and it was okay. The material is nice but it's just not the same as mtm and I'm worried the same will happen with their suits. I recently got shirts from Peter Parvez through their groupon for ~50 a shirt. PP fit is really nice the the materials are okay and the service was really bad (super rushed and they just didn't care). I know Darzi said their shirts are from 75-125 so that isn't too bad. But I will definitely also look at Proper Clothe and Deo Veritas.

Let us know how it goes with Darzi, I'd be interested in giving them a try.

Firefox

Reaction score
However all my other AE shoes I'm perfectly fine with. If you're going after perfection then AE shouldn't be on your radar. If you want "budget" shoes that will last and is of quality (subjective quality) then AE is fine.
I've had no issues so far buying AE. Since I"m a cheap ass I can look past certain short falls that come with buying a AE shoe.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
biggrin.gif
:slayer:

I own four pairs of AEs and I think they strike a good balance between price and quality (particularly when you buy them on sale or as seconds). My oldest (Chili Delrays) have had three years of heavy use, and they still look good in my eyes (and feel great).

I recently got shirts from Peter Parvez through their groupon for ~50 a shirt. PP fit is really nice the the materials are okay and the service was really bad (super rushed and they just didn't care).
I tried Peter Parvez a couple years ago (also through a Groupon offer). The fit was great and I liked the variety of colours & patterns. However, I found the quality of the cloth to be pretty marginal (i.e. thin and prone to wrinkling).

Check these guys for both suits and shirts, including MTM shirts

Spierandmackay.com
I haven't ordered anything MTM from them, but I did buy a couple pairs of OTR trousers that I love. The fact they are based out of Mississauga is an added bonus (manufacturing is done overseas). They have an affiliate thread on Styleforum where they occasionally give heads-up on sales and promotions.

Last edited:

LeatherFoot

Reaction score
We are pleased to announce an evening with menswear journalist Simon Crompton on Saturday, April 2, from 6-9 PM at LeatherFoot Emporium (82 Avenue Road).

This event will be Simon's first in Canada and in addition to signing copies of his new book, he will be taking part in a Q&A session. We sincerely hope you can join us.

If you would like to attend this event, please call us at 1-855-967-3668 or email [email protected] to reserve your spot.

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Considering this pair of Jodhpur boots from LodinG. But the last looks very long don't you think?

scatterbrain

Reaction score
Considering this pair of Jodhpur boots from LodinG. But the last looks very long don't you think?

So long that they couldn't even fit it into a digital spotlight!

...yes, it looks long. I wonder if they were photographing a size 14 or something...

burgerkong

Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a group buy of the SF-touted Venetian Shoe Cream in the 32 ounce tin? Looking at around $24 CAD, I am shipping them to the border and picking it up. Order more to save on shipping?

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Dear SF Members and fellow Torontonians,

Just wanted to officially introduce Casa di Sartoria to everyone here, we are an online menswear and lifestyle journal based out of Toronto sharing our sartorial experiences. We've been around the forum a while but quietly observing and I look forward to getting to know everyone here in this thread.

Our blog is located at:
www.casadisartoria.com
We put out two new editorials on average per week, sometimes more or less depending on priorities. Please take a moment to browse and join our newsletter if it's to your taste.

Within the blog, we also have a small shop section where we do group buys, MTO programs, and offer select products from brands we've personally tried and tested. Please feel free to browse at the link below:
www.casadisartoria.com/shop
We're also offering a limited time offer for style forum members for 15% off your purchase, using code "SF15". Shipping info and other promotions are detailed on the site.

And if there's anything we can improve upon, we'd love the feedback! Either here through this thread, via PM or by email at: [email protected]

Truly,

Casa di Sartoria
#stylethatspeaks

nqtri

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in a group buy of the SF-touted Venetian Shoe Cream in the 32 ounce tin? Looking at around $24 CAD, I am shipping them to the border and picking it up. Order more to save on shipping?
I would be down if you don't mind forwarding it to Vancouver (for additional postage fee of course)

Spex

Reaction score
Dear SF Members and fellow Torontonians,

Just wanted to officially introduce Casa di Sartoria to everyone here, we are an online menswear and lifestyle journal based out of Toronto sharing our sartorial experiences. We've been around the forum a while but quietly observing and I look forward to getting to know everyone here in this thread.

Our blog is located at:
www.casadisartoria.com
We put out two new editorials on average per week, sometimes more or less depending on priorities. Please take a moment to browse and join our newsletter if it's to your taste.

Within the blog, we also have a small shop section where we do group buys, MTO programs, and offer select products from brands we've personally tried and tested. Please feel free to browse at the link below:
www.casadisartoria.com/shop
We're also offering a limited time offer for style forum members for 15% off your purchase, using code "SF15". Shipping info and other promotions are detailed on the site.

And if there's anything we can improve upon, we'd love the feedback! Either here through this thread, via PM or by email at: [email protected]

Truly,

Casa di Sartoria
#stylethatspeaks

Question - are the socks OTC or MC? If OTC, I will likely order a few pairs, although I just put in an order to Viccel. Oh well...you can never have enough socks.

stanchri

Reaction score
Question - are the socks OTC or MC? If OTC, I will likely order a few pairs, although I just put in an order to Viccel. Oh well...you can never have enough socks.

Also interested in figuring this out. From the only full size sock picture on the website they look MC.

casadisartoria

Reaction score
Also interested in figuring this out. From the only full size sock picture on the website they look MC.

@Spex

Hi there,

Yes, these are a MC. In all honesty, they work effectively like a OTC due to the material make-up allowing very little sag - far less than what I've experienced with other brands.
And to speak further to @Spex comment, you can never have enough socks as you'll quickly notice some just don't wear well enough and you become preferential.

Just to get a discussion going, how does everyone approach buying socks? i.e. OTC versus MC, material characteristics, brand preference, etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads