• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL. $122 of taxes duties and brokerage on $175 of goods. Absolute joke country.
Ask UPS to provide you shipping documents and go self clear it from Pearson yourself. That is a very easy process which will save you the entire brokerage cost. I have done the same on a few occasions. Tons of parking and it is not busy at all at the customs office at Pearson Airport.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask UPS to provide you shipping documents and go self clear it from Pearson yourself. That is a very easy process which will save you the entire brokerage cost. I have done the same on a few occasions. Tons of parking and it is not busy at all at the customs office at Pearson Airport.
At that point you might as well just ship to a UPS store in Niagara and go pick it up. It's an extra ~45 minutes from downtown and you don't have to pay the taxes (or duties if applicable).

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At that point you might as well just ship to a UPS store in Niagara and go pick it up. It's an extra ~45 minutes from downtown and you don't have to pay the taxes (or duties if applicable).
Too far to cross the border and drive to US for the amount of funds in taxes. Even the way I drive it takes more than 45 minutes from Pearson to the border then the line up at the border back n forth depending on the time and day that is

Last edited:

hysteria

Reaction score
It would be helpful to have more specifics on how this works.
Which shipping documents exactly should they be providing me?

KT95

Reaction score
Would love to see photos of the details if at all possible. Very interesting

It is hard to find a good pair of trousers in Toronto under my budget. So I did a little experiment. I was able to find a small tailor shop in China that was able to make me a pair of trousers for under CAD100 (fabric included). I sent them my measurements, and they made it. Here is the result.

View attachment 2111125
View attachment 2111127
The final product is surprisingly good. The line is clear and the fit is right on. The trousers are fully machine-made (i.e. no hand-made bottom hole whatsoever). Of course, I was not expecting any hand-made elements in a pair of trousers which were under CAD100. Overall I am satisfied with the result for such a price.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've got a shipment coming via ResHIP USA by UPS, but I'm shocked to see the brokerage fees UPS is charging. Usually brokerage fees are like $20. Has anyone seen such ridiculous brokerage fees from them before?

I don't get how it makes sense for the import duties and taxes to be lower than brokerage fees. I wonder if this is an error or I'm missing something here. I've had shipments from UPS before but never such insane brokerage fees.

Some assistance on this would be appreciated as it's painful to get in touch with UPS customer service.

View attachment 2112527
If the brokerage fees are that high it's probably coming by UPS Ground ("Standard"). It's almost always worth it to select a non-ground ("Express") option. Even if it costs a few dollars more up front, the fees are lower. You were probably using Express in the past. You have to watch out especially for American websites that offer UPS Ground for their own domestic customers, and "helpfully" extend that service to Canadians. It's almost never worth it.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the brokerage fees are that high it's probably coming by UPS Ground ("Standard"). It's almost always worth it to select a non-ground ("Express") option. Even if it costs a few dollars more up front, the fees are lower. You were probably using Express in the past. You have to watch out especially for American websites that offer UPS Ground for their own domestic customers, and "helpfully" extend that service to Canadians. It's almost never worth it.
You are not going to avoid brokerage fees regardless of how to order your delivery. Just self declare it to avoid the brokerage fees!
It is a very simple process if you can travel to Pearson airport.

Wrenkin

Reaction score
You are not going to avoid brokerage fees regardless of how to order your delivery. Just self declare it to avoid the brokerage fees!
It is a very simple process if you can travel to Pearson airport.

You won’t avoid all fees, but there is a difference between UPS Ground charging a percentage of the declared value, with no upper limit, and a flat fee tacked on to an express service. I am personally not going to Pearson to save $20.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads