• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

burgerkong

Reaction score
Any comments on the quality of the Harold Dress shirts? Just don't have the time to go see one for myself

Not only that, talk about USELESS size guides:

1690823965925.png

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harry has fixed the pricing issue on their website. It looks like most if not all of the items that were marked up in price are now at 60% off again.

With the 20% off kicker, and the two RMN coupons, some items go down to over 70% off.

maebach

Reaction score
An
Harry has fixed the pricing issue on their website. It looks like most if not all of the items that were marked up in price are now at 60% off again.

With the 20% off kicker, and the two RMN coupons, some items go down to over 70% off.
Anything good you recommend? I have some GC's I should use but dont know what to get

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
An

Anything good you recommend? I have some GC's I should use but dont know what to get

Sell your gift cards to me!

Or alternatively, the Bontoni's are a good price:

For casual footwear, Doucal's is great:

And lastly, this kickass Tom Ford dress shirt:

It's a bit pricey for a dress shirt, but it's also at the higher end for TF in term of materials/fabric. This one is made with shell buttons, as opposed to MOP. Also, over 70% off with kickers.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sell your gift cards to me!

Or alternatively, the Bontoni's are a good price:

For casual footwear, Doucal's is great:

And lastly, this kickass Tom Ford dress shirt:

It's a bit pricey for a dress shirt, but it's also at the higher end for TF in term of materials/fabric. This one is made with shell buttons, as opposed to MOP. Also, over 70% off with kickers.
You are paying for the label. Nothing special about this shirt! It’s been a while but off the rack my Eton and Stenstrom shirts are far better made than TF. But at 90% off or whatever that is who cares what and how they are made.

RapFan

Reaction score
You are paying for the label. Nothing special about this shirt! It’s been a while but off the rack my Eton and Stenstrom shirts are far better made than TF. But at 90% off or whatever that is who cares what and how they are made.
I gotta completely disagree here. Sure there's a label mark up for TF, but they are some of the best machine made shirts OTR.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At $1000+, the TF shirts typically are sea island cotton (or something equivalent), and as mentioned, the shell buttons. Also, they’re made in Switzerland.

Mainline Zegna shirts are largely made outside of Italy/Switzerland, which may explain their lower price point. Only Zegna couture dress shirts are made in Italy/Switzerland.

Lastly, a lot of people like the collars on TF shirts, as the configuration on the top two buttons allow for a clean unbuttoned look. Not all OTR brands have that.

The economics of it is interesting though. Zegna owns the licence for TF. Meaning, they paid TF money for the right to produce tailoring under his name. So, TF suits/shirts cost more than Zegna mainline suits/shirts, as they have to recover the cost of the licence they pay for.

There is a misconception that TF suits have more handwork than regular Zegna suits. That’s not the case. With the exception of the Milanese button hole, TF suits are largely made to similar standards as mainline Zegna.

If you want a handmade TF suit, you have to pay a 50% upcharge through their MTO/MTM, which brings you to the $10k range for a basic fabric suit.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At $1000+, the TF shirts typically are sea island cotton (or something equivalent), and as mentioned, the shell buttons. Also, they’re made in Switzerland.

Mainline Zegna shirts are largely made outside of Italy/Switzerland, which may explain their lower price point. Only Zegna couture dress shirts are made in Italy/Switzerland.

Lastly, a lot of people like the collars on TF shirts, as the configuration on the top two buttons allow for a clean unbuttoned look. Not all OTR brands have that.

The economics of it is interesting though. Zegna owns the licence for TF. Meaning, they paid TF money for the right to produce tailoring under his name. So, TF suits/shirts cost more than Zegna mainline suits/shirts, as they have to recover the cost of the licence they pay for.

There is a misconception that TF suits have more handwork than regular Zegna suits. That’s not the case. With the exception of the Milanese button hole, TF suits are largely made to similar standards as mainline Zegna.

If you want a handmade TF suit, you have to pay a 50% upcharge through their MTO/MTM, which brings you to the $10k range for a basic fabric suit.
Hard Pass!! Bespoke or even made to measure than a TF label! To each their own I guess

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads