• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Spruce Moose

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Who is your Mississauga tailor? No info on Durham. Sorry.
Chase Cleaners. He's altered dozens of pants, shirts and blazers for me over the years. Owner is very knowledgeable on alterations and menswear. He's great with alterations but has also done some incredible repairs for me. For example, he added some really soft and nice leather to my Burberry duffle that was wearing through along the cuffs, edges and pockets.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chase Cleaners. He's altered dozens of pants, shirts and blazers for me over the years. Owner is very knowledgeable on alterations and menswear. He's great with alterations but has also done some incredible repairs for me. For example, he added some really soft and nice leather to my Burberry duffle that was wearing through along the cuffs, edges and pockets.

Thanks for this information!

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out in the east end now. Any decent men's tailors in Durham where I can take garments for repair and altering? I tried someone in Scarborough and they absolutely trashed some expensive jackets. I love my tailor in Mississauga but with the 401 being a disaster, it's a couple hour drive now.

I'm in Ajax and I've yet to find a good tailor. I go to a tailor that's in the Sobeys store but just for simple hemming jobs. I'm still looking for other options.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Stopped by Harry Rosen at Bloor:

1. They're carrying Brioni again. Includes really nice dress shoes.
2. Sale is ok. There are some items marked down to 60% off.
3. If you purchase online, there is a coupon for $25 off sale items over $250. Coupon available at the "Retail Me Not" website.
4. In addition, "Retail Me Not" is offering 5% cashback on purchases (details on their website).

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the Canadian cobblers I recommend, the following have won SSIA competition awards. SSIA is an international, but mostly North American association of cobblers.

Ronald Nijdam (Quick Cobbler in Vancouver) - Silver Cup title. First Canadian Cobbler to win the championship.

Patrick Nijdam (Quick Cobbler in Vancouver) - Silver Cup title.

Dan Frappier (Heels n Soles in Sudbury) - Bronze and Silver.

Corey Hiltz (Fix em up in Barrie) - Silver.

Martin Sugg (Timeless in Thunder Bay) - Silver Cup title. First from Ontario.

Gary Coakley (Coakleys in London) - Bronze.

It's still disappointing and surprising we don't have a decent cobbler in Toronto. Sad.

Pomegranates

Reaction score
Of the Canadian cobblers I recommend, the following have won SSIA competition awards. SSIA is an international, but mostly North American association of cobblers.

Ronald Nijdam (Quick Cobbler in Vancouver) - Silver Cup title. First Canadian Cobbler to win the championship.

Patrick Nijdam (Quick Cobbler in Vancouver) - Silver Cup title.

Dan Frappier (Heels n Soles in Sudbury) - Bronze and Silver.

Corey Hiltz (Fix em up in Barrie) - Silver.

Martin Sugg (Timeless in Thunder Bay) - Silver Cup title. First from Ontario.

Gary Coakley (Coakleys in London) - Bronze.

It's still disappointing and surprising we don't have a decent cobbler in Toronto. Sad.
Has anyone used KW Shoe Repair?

I have a pair of Goodyear welted Church's that need new sole and the prices Church's want is too high.

hysteria

Reaction score
Are there any watch stores or shops people in TO like to go to for simple adjustments?
I want a deployment clasp switched to a regular clasp and perhaps have a extra hole punched into my strap. Nothing complicated, but looking for decent work without being charged an arm and a leg for such simple adjustments.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used KW Shoe Repair?

I have a pair of Goodyear welted Church's that need new sole and the prices Church's want is too high.

I've seen KW videos on Facebook. Some work is sloppy - for example, not cleaning out all of the old cork before applying new layer of cork. I wouldn't use him.

A few years ago before I knew better, I sent a pair back to Church's for a rebuild. Never again. Expensive and mediocre work.

Go with one of the cobblers from my list. It's well worth the drive or price of shipping. Most cobblers cover shipping on the way back.

I'm going to visit Pablo Hadarits at Dimar in Guelph sometime soon. If you want, hand the boots to me, and I'll save you costs of shipping. You can chat with Pablo on video about the work you want done. DM me if you're interested.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are there any watch stores or shops people in TO like to go to for simple adjustments?
I want a deployment clasp switched to a regular clasp and perhaps have a extra hole punched into my strap. Nothing complicated, but looking for decent work without being charged an arm and a leg for such simple adjustments.

I've never used this shop before, but on Facebook there's a group called Canada Watch Club, and many GTA members recommend Sam Messiha from this place:

Even for something simple, I wouldn't trust just any shop. It's better to spend the money and get it done right once.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry Rosen is doing additional 20% off on sales shirt.

Great time to pickup an Eton shirt with 25% + 20% off.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Harry Rosen is doing additional 20% off on sales shirt.

Great time to pickup an Eton shirt with 25% + 20% off.

Wasn't going to mention it, but they actually raised some of their sale prices concurrent with this new "sale".

Example:

Tom Ford dress shirts that were 60% off yesterday, are now 50% off today. So with the 20% kickers, you're back to...60% off.

Isaia dress shirt was 50% off yesterday. Now it's 30% off. So with the kicker, it's 44% off.

Not a fan of the bait and switch. Better to have item exclusions.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't going to mention it, but they actually raised some of their sale prices concurrent with this new "sale".

Example:

Tom Ford dress shirts that were 60% off yesterday, are now 50% off today. So with the 20% kickers, you're back to...60% off.

Isaia dress shirt was 50% off yesterday. Now it's 30% off. So with the kicker, it's 44% off.

Not a fan of the bait and switch. Better to have item exclusions.

Sorry I wasn't looking at those brands of shirts so I wasn't aware they do this.

Not crazy about either of those brands shirts even when they're on sale TBH.

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't looking at those brands of shirts so I wasn't aware they do this.

Not crazy about either of those brands shirts even when they're on sale TBH.
They seem to have done it across a lot of their brands.

Including Zegna, Canada, Santoni, etc...

It's their prerogative, obviously. And discounting beyond 60% may be a bad look for them.

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They seem to have done it across a lot of their brands.

Including Zegna, Canada, Santoni, etc...

It's their prerogative, obviously. And discounting beyond 60% may be a bad look for them.

I certainly didn't think there would be anything 60% + 20% off unless it's some super odd size like XXXS or XXXL with 1 left. But it did made me look at their site which was enough to generate sales.

1690817103499.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads