• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KWang94

Reaction score
For real? I'm at TD, but still haven't heard anything on that front yet. Is CIBC the first one amongst the major banks to announce this?

Funnily enough, I joined TD during the pandemic and I totally forgot to ask where my office was during the job interview. ?

Work at BMO. Expectation is we're back in end of March, beginning of April.

I would be interested in this if it happens.

@induere_to the people have spoken

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
was in path earlier today, quite a lot of ppl actually, took me 20 mins to line up for Hoga anyway.

One of a few things I miss about working in the Financial District. I only went sporadically because I usually brought lunch from home to try and save money, but it was one of the few places I'd go to when I needed to buy.

goatamous II

Reaction score
For real? I'm at TD, but still haven't heard anything on that front yet. Is CIBC the first one amongst the major banks to announce this?

Funnily enough, I joined TD during the pandemic and I totally forgot to ask where my office was during the job interview. ?

From family at TD, they were told a hybrid system is the plan soon (where it's part time at the office / part time WFH)
With that said....TD is massive (all banks, really), so each building / department could be different

Bersabee

Reaction score
From family at TD, they were told a hybrid system is the plan soon (where it's part time at the office / part time WFH)
With that said....TD is massive (all banks, really), so each building / department could be different
I would think Front Office functions will most likely be back by EOM next month. My bank is targeting the 21st... not looking forward to it.

partenopean

Reaction score
If I said this anywhere else, I would be deemed insane, but here I know I am with folks who will understand me -- the classic finance work environment means suits....overcoats....nice shoes....things I love!

If the dress code gets chucked -- forget back-to-the-office!!!!

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My government agency is scheduled for April 4 phase in. Nobody will be forced to return to office. I'd like to go in 1-2 times a week just to wear work clothes again.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Update on the 80% off sale at Brooks Brothers: the Royal Bank location has a lot of shoes available. Probably about 2-3 dozen Peal - Crockett & Jones, almost all UK size 10 or larger, all of them marked down to $190. There's also a lot of the Allen Edmonds BBs available, especially the single monk strap ones in a variety of sizes, all marked down to $110.

Bjorling

Reaction score
these are the models I recall seeing:

maebach

Reaction score
Amazing, thanks Bjorling. I really dont want to go back to the office, but I may on Monday to check out BB...

Did they have overcoats on sale? What is the general consensus on BB overcoats/winter jackets?

Bjorling

Reaction score
I believe there is a selection of overcoats at 50% off and don't recall any at 80% off ... but I was digging through boxes of shoes and not looking at much else.

Bjorling

Reaction score
The Bloor st store has a variety of overcoats, some are listed at about 1200 and down to 400, but they're not impressive imo. They have a number of brown rough herringbone pattern in a boxy and unstructured fit, not sure where made. They have a lot of a navy spring mid-length overcoat nicely styled and made in Romania. Also available are a lot of Golden Fleece linen reversible bomber jackets in a tan colour, and some in a check pattern, made in Italy. If you're looking for a fancy suit for 400, there's also a decent selection at that location, not sure of the sizing availability.

Bjorling

Reaction score
And ....... at Bloor, a LOT of Golden Fleece shirts in most sizes for $60 and also a lot of Made in USA shirts regularly 205 down to 40.

Drzdave58

Reaction score
The Bloor st store has a variety of overcoats, some are listed at about 1200 and down to 400, but they're not impressive imo. They have a number of brown rough herringbone pattern in a boxy and unstructured fit, not sure where made. They have a lot of a navy spring mid-length overcoat nicely styled and made in Romania. Also available are a lot of Golden Fleece linen reversible bomber jackets in a tan colour, and some in a check pattern, made in Italy. If you're looking for a fancy suit for 400, there's also a decent selection at that location, not sure of the sizing availability.
Any leather jackets?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads