• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

induere_to

Reaction score
What do you think of Kiton's buttonholes?

I'd have to see a picture, I don't think I've ever examined one before. These kinds of questions are tough, because RTW companies use assembly line tailors, so it's different people trying to maintain the standards of their employer and they won't all be the same. The only RTW handmade buttonholes I've seen in person that have not impressed me are Isaia; the stitches are very close together making them look rather cluttered.

However, the best buttonholes that I've seen are by some of the people I follow on Instagram (sorry, Ian, if you see this):

My friend Marco Berriozabal from Mexico City:

D4673BD9-7505-4278-95F4-DC98E79AA8CD.jpeg

Luis Herrera from Sevilla:

E0FBEC3F-2089-4815-8168-738C4D572A5A.jpeg

*That thread sticking out behind the tacks is the gimp.

This gentleman from China I’ve been following for some time, I’ve asked him how long he’s been a tailor. He replied that he’s not, he just picked up a new hobby since retiring… humble much? To me, he has the best buttonholes.:

1403539E-D0DA-4736-A179-68A50A918D99.jpeg

KWang94

Reaction score
I'd have to see a picture, I don't think I've ever examined one before. These kinds of questions are tough, because RTW companies use assembly line tailors, so it's different people trying to maintain the standards of their employer and they won't all be the same. The only RTW handmade buttonholes I've seen in person that have not impressed me are Isaia; the stitches are very close together making them look rather cluttered.

However, the best buttonholes that I've seen are by some of the people I follow on Instagram (sorry, Ian, if you see this):

My friend Marco Berriozabal from Mexico City:

View attachment 1720539

Luis Herrera from Sevilla:

View attachment 1720540
*That thread sticking out behind the tacks is the gimp.

This gentleman from China I’ve been following for some time, I’ve asked him how long he’s been a tailor. He replied that he’s not, he just picked up a new hobby since retiring… humble much? To me, he has the best buttonholes.:

View attachment 1720543
bruh the buttonholes on that last one are so clean. I've never been one to lose my **** over buttonholes like some people but those are hella nice.

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays, Toronto thread.

Anyone pick up goodies recently? I bought 2 pairs of Cheaney boots (Churchill and Pennine II), from Mehra Shoes in Vancouver. It was a great experience and no further duties or tax. I only paid HST. So I basically bought them at about 50% listing price.

And on Boxing Day, bought some Super Dry sweat clothes from Harry Rosen outlet in Mississauga.

I've never tried Super Dry products but they fit me really well and the stitching and QC is decent for the price point. As WFH has no end in sight for me, I decided to buy some casual clothes.

Hope Santa was good to you all.

Let's hope 2022 will bring some normalcy back.

KWang94

Reaction score
Nothing much on my end. S/O bought me a nice Anderson & Sheppard shetland sweater and a few other goodies from Pistol Lake. I'm fully WFH until mid January so we'll see how it goes.

I also went to Sebastian Richard with the permanent style harris tweed and I'm getting that made into a coat. I've had him do some RTW alterations before and that was experience was great, so definitely really excited for this project.

partenopean

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone.

I picked up a cashmere turtleneck (chunky, patterned type). Not exactly specs I wanted, but one I liked nonetheless.

Speaking of return to office -- any updates from anyone here, especially if your office is in Toronto's downtown financial district?

Bersabee

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone.

I picked up a cashmere turtleneck (chunky, patterned type). Not exactly specs I wanted, but one I liked nonetheless.

Speaking of return to office -- any updates from anyone here, especially if your office is in Toronto's downtown financial district?

Pushed back to unknown. Really frustrating tbh

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone.

I'm at a Crown agency. We are pushed back to first week of April. I need to get executive permission to attend office or courthouse.

Ranjeev

Reaction score
Unknown at this point for us as well. We can come in if we want but no pressure to do so. I'm in the financial district.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Sage de Cret 9/10 length military pants from Lost and Found this week during their Boxing Day sale. It's a nice, casual atmosphere and the folks there are always helpful. If only they had Carmina in my size: their selection were a part of the sale as well. I put a couple of brands I enjoy on one of the co-owners' radar, so here's hoping they stock it in a year or so!

I'm also hoping to make one last Camoshita purchase before it all shuts down. We'll see how that goes.

As for when I return to work in person: I no longer work downtown but my workplace has the option of working one day a week if I so choose. Of course, the omicron variant became prevalent when I put in my request to work there, so that's been put on hold. (I've never been in the office before and it'd require more logistical planning than most places.)

Last edited:

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone visit the Harry Rosen outlet at Heartland during Boxing Day sales? Thanks.

I did. Picked up some shoe trees and Super Dry sweat clothes. 25% off total bill.

Their new store is much smaller. Selection is rather limited compared to their old location. I don't know how this compares to Vaughan Mills branch as I've never been to that one.

Last edited:

KWang94

Reaction score
Happy Holidays everyone.

January 17th for me.

Bjorling

Reaction score
Noticed several of these at Marshalls last night priced at $70, but generally you can find same brand cheaper at the HR outlets.

In December 2020 we said we'd be in the office in Spring 2021 .... didn't happen
In December 2021 we said we'd be in the office in Spring 2022 ....

1640883368494.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads