• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

KWang94

Reaction score
Just wanted to share the work of a bespoke overcoat that Sebastian Espinosa did for me. (I didn't wanna just wear shorts when taking these photos, sue me). Phenomenal work. Sebastian is a pleasure to work with and an extremely humble guy.

Attachments

• IMG-20220709-WA0002~2.jpg
    IMG-20220709-WA0002~2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG-20220709-WA0001~2.jpg
    IMG-20220709-WA0001~2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG-20220709-WA0003~2.jpg
    IMG-20220709-WA0003~2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 153

Bersabee

Reaction score
Just wanted to share the work of a bespoke overcoat that Sebastian Espinosa did for me. (I didn't wanna just wear shorts when taking these photos, sue me). Phenomenal work. Sebastian is a pleasure to work with and an extremely humble guy.
Stunning! How much did this run you?

mebiuspower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it wool or cashmere?

KWang94

Reaction score
Is it wool or cashmere?
How heavy is that coat? Looks nice

15/16 oz. It's a Harris Tweed. This exact fabric:

maebach

Reaction score
Guys, I need some advice as I'm getting married in a few weeks. I'm going to wear a charcoal suit as I didnt want to spend money on buying a tux. I've told my groomsmen to wear charcoal suits as well. They wont match exactly, but it'll be close and I like the idea of slightly different shades of grey.

The question - the bridesmaids are wearing light pink dresses. What tie/bow tie should I wear and what should the groomsmen wear? I was thinking light pink bow tie for myself and light pink ties for them. Is that ok? If I go the bow tie route, can I wear a regular white dress shirt or should I need a tuxedo style shirt?

Any and all help is appreciated!

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, I need some advice as I'm getting married in a few weeks. I'm going to wear a charcoal suit as I didnt want to spend money on buying a tux. I've told my groomsmen to wear charcoal suits as well. They wont match exactly, but it'll be close and I like the idea of slightly different shades of grey.

The question - the bridesmaids are wearing light pink dresses. What tie/bow tie should I wear and what should the groomsmen wear? I was thinking light pink bow tie for myself and light pink ties for them. Is that ok? If I go the bow tie route, can I wear a regular white dress shirt or should I need a tuxedo style shirt?

A charcoal suit will not go with a light pink tie of any sort. Wear a darker grenadine, such as burgundy, an ancient madder, or a nice darker paisley.

I would avoid the bow tie. A standard necktie will suffice.

KWang94

Reaction score

Congrats, man! Personally, I'd suggest a navy grenadine tie (you mentioned bridesmaids would wear light pink dresses; I think navy goes very elegantly with pink). If not, a houndstooth/glen plaid tie is very traditional for a wedding:

Kent Wang makes a solid tie; he also has good pocket squares (way better than what most of the overpriced crap we'd get here in Canada). Not affiliated with him, just have the same last name name/initials lol

maebach

Reaction score
A charcoal suit will not go with a light pink tie of any sort. Wear a darker grenadine, such as burgundy, an ancient madder, or a nice darker paisley.

I would avoid the bow tie. A standard necktie will suffice.

I realize bow ties are for very formal events, but would a burgundy bow tie, with a spread collar white shirt and charcoal suit look good?

Any ideas on the groomsmen? Grey/silver pattern ties?

Congrats, man! Personally, I'd suggest a navy grenadine tie (you mentioned bridesmaids would wear light pink dresses; I think navy goes very elegantly with pink). If not, a houndstooth/glen plaid tie is very traditional for a wedding:

Kent Wang makes a solid tie; he also has good pocket squares (way better than what most of the overpriced crap we'd get here in Canada). Not affiliated with him, just have the same last name name/initials lol

Awesome, thanks! Never heard of Kent Wang before. Thoughts on a bow tie? I'd like to do something different than the groomsmen, but having trouble figuring out what

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I realize bow ties are for very formal events, but would a burgundy bow tie, with a spread collar white shirt and charcoal suit look good?

Any ideas on the groomsmen? Grey/silver pattern ties?

I don't see a bowtie going well with a sober charcoal suit.

Get burgundy grenadine neckties and wedding ties from Kent Wang. You can wear the silver while your groomsmen wear the burgundy or vice versa.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rieux