• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iamleven

Reaction score
Anyone know why these Rare Alden Mahogany shell PTB won't sell? I figured $600 was pretty cheap for these shoes.
xQ4RsNF.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why these Rare Alden Mahogany shell PTB won't sell? I figured $600 was pretty cheap for these shoes.
xQ4RsNF.jpg

I would definitely have bought them (my size), except that I have a pair of Carmina cognac PTBs that look absolutely identical to that shade.

Iamleven

Reaction score
I would definitely have bought them (my size), except that I have a pair of Carmina cognac PTBs that look absolutely identical to that shade.
Does my price seem fair?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Iamleven

Reaction score

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or does it say up there that this is the 'non-Alden' thread?

Iamleven

Reaction score
Personally I would give them a little TLC, work out the stains on the toes, buff them to a nice shine, put a little edge dressing on them and insert a pair of shoe trees. It will make a big difference.
How do I work out those black stains?

Deusis

Reaction score
GMTO Details

1-1100x786.jpg

If anyone is interested... Rider Boot Co. is doing a GMTO for their Dundalk boot model in Horween Unglazed Natural Shell Cordovan.

I contacted Ron a few weeks ago and asked if we could get a GMTO going in the Dundalk in Unglazed Natural Shell. He did all the work and reached out to Horween to secure this leather. There is enough leather for around 18 pairs and I know 14 or so are already spoken for and I'd bet these remaining pairs will go fast.

This is a 100% up front pre-order with a November (at the latest) delivery.

Regular price is $1,050 but there is a coupon you can use to drop the price down to $750 which is basically a steal. Coupon code is gyw-dundalk to take $300 off the price.

Here are some photos of the pair I ordered over a year ago
and here is a post I made about the differences between Unglazed and Glazed Natural Shell Cordovan.

MTO Options

* Size

* Sole: Leather, Lug, or Sestriere

* Lacing (Eyelet Configuration): 4 Eyelets + 3 Speed Hooks, 6 eyelets + 1 Speed Hook, or 7 Eyelets. Hardware will be brass for all these options.

* Storm Welt: Hand cut storm welt or no storm welt

* Inking (Edge Dressing Color): In Tint (closely matches the upper, Natural (raw), Vintage

---

Sizing

From the Rider Boot website:

> 42 Last

> Classic, round toed last

> Generally TTS

> Some may need to go a half size up

jet-stream

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cross-post...

Carmina Adelaides on Simpson last, cognac cordovan (old version of the color).
IMG_6421.JPG

Second outing and loving them.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMG_2220.JPG
Natty shell MacNeils today.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads