• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More vintage Florsheims. These are black shell longwings:

AHS

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Nice. Where are you scoring all these sweet Florsheims, AHS and smfdoc? All ebay, or do you have some other go-to sources? Or would you have to kill me if you told me?

eBay. There's no shortage of listings in popular sizes. The harder part, of course, is finding pairs in very good + condition.

About two months ago, I made a decision to start to sell off my other shoes and wear (almost exclusively) vintage Florsheims. (Spam alert -- I still have a pair of EGs and black calf Marlows for sale :) ) On one hand, it was a practical decision as I personally get a better fit and much more comfort from these older Florsheims than I have experienced with C&J, Edward Green, Carmina, Alden etc....

But I also like the idea of wearing classic American shoes. G&G may be beautiful... but I also love longwings.... And it's fun to wear (and work on) shoes that are older than many of you reading this.

One invaluable source on vintage Florsheims has been the vcleat.com website. The writer is great: funny, informative, and always interesting.

AHS

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I apologize in advance for x posting this but thought some people here night be interested. Theres a brown shell galway 2/gianni GMTO being organized in the CJ GMTO thread and we are currently sitting at 10 potentially interested parties. The make up is:

Model: Galway2 (Gianni pattern +25 pounds)
Upper: Dark Brown Shell Cordovan
Last: 325
Width: Standard E (US D)
Edging: Antique
Sole: Dainite Sole in Dark Brown with a thin leather mid-sole OR Double Leather
Welt: Storm Welt
Eyelets: Dark Brown Eyelets & Speedhooks (4+4)
Price:
£650 less VAT £541.67 (about 780 USD)

There is a speadsheet for this where you can add yourself and you preferences here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...MnwLZw_BRkxZV59z6rk5SvZhk/edit#gid=1949729029

Post any questions or comments in the CJ GMTO thread! Add yourself to the spreadsheet and shoot @Gabru or myself a PM if you're interested. We're almost there!!

Thanks!
Kevin

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^Nice. Where are you scoring all these sweet Florsheims, AHS and smfdoc? All ebay, or do you have some other go-to sources? Or would you have to kill me if you told me?

Yep, Ebay is where most can be found. But AHS is right that the chore is to find a pair in good condition and to get there first and the right price. There is a really good review of what to look for at http://vcleat.com/florsheim-imperial-93605-ebay-guide/. But as you will find, it's hard to find the right shoes now days. Edit: I just now read AHS recommendation for Vcleat.com and he is right about that too.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Tricker's Allan. Not quite as susceptible to water welts as the other pair.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Florsheim, while not the greatest name in shoes, currently has a Horween cordovan blucher long wing in 10 D they are closing out for $299 from the $575 list. That is a great price for some shell for the right person. They have no other sizes or widths. Act now or they will be gone. I would appreciate a PM if someone on the forum is able to snap them up. Click here.

Update: Sorry, but they are now gone. I got a pair and 10 minutes later the last pair must have sold because it changed to out of stock.

Last edited:

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Rancourt brown shell loafers breaking in nicely. I did notice the heel pad rolling up a bit on the right shoe, will probably have to glue it back down soon.

Shell looks great. How's the fit? I notice a little bowing out on the sides there, and I mention it because I'd be considering these but am concerned about sizing/widths. What size and width are you?

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rancourt brown shell loafers breaking in nicely. I did notice the heel pad rolling up a bit on the right shoe, will probably have to glue it back down soon.

Looking good! I've been wearing my natty/caramel pair more than the brown. I love the lightweight feel of both. Definitely some very comfy loafers.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Florsheim, while not the greatest name in shoes, currently has a Horween cordovan blucher long wing in 10 D they are closing out for $299 from the $575 list. That is a great price for some shell for the right person. They have no other sizes or widths. Act now or they will be gone. I would appreciate a PM if someone on the forum is able to snap them up. Click here. Update: Sorry, but they are now gone. I got a pair and 10 minutes later the last pair must have sold because it changed to out of stock.
Will you let us know how these are? Quality, finishing, last, etc... It's interesting that Florsheim is selling shells again. (Say that three times fast!) Or maybe they stopped again if this is a close-out. :butbut: I understand that Nettleton -- another great US shoemaker that went downhill -- is also making Horween shell cordovan shoes again. AHS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads