• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (semi-)official "slutty t-shirts" thread

Classified_

Reaction score
First one looks cool, any info on the brand/quality etc?

That AA is mega slutty, I think the neckline is too wide...

Borderline stripping there :)

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I don't know much about DSLTD other than that they claim to be another one of those brands bringing designer-quality clothes to the masses at sub-retail prices, that whole game. The one I have has held up decently to a few washes and wears, though. If they got more colors there's a decent chance I'd buy more.

AA tee definitely needs to be layered over a tank or something, and it's probably better for people with relatively broader shoulders.

Classified_

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 from DSLTD, for $20 down from $70, seems like a solid deal, got the Smoke and the Charcoal, they look cool, thanks.

Ok, I need to stop buying T shirts :)

eglbc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't know much about DSLTD other than that they claim to be another one of those brands bringing designer-quality clothes to the masses at sub-retail prices, that whole game. The one I have has held up decently to a few washes and wears, though. If they got more colors there's a decent chance I'd buy more.

AA tee definitely needs to be layered over a tank or something, and it's probably better for people with relatively broader shoulders.

Ive got 4 of the modern cut DSLTD, theyve lasted a year without shrinking and falling apart, so I'd call that a win for 20$. Cost per wear be like .04cents

boned

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion on the textured vs. regular? Is it worth the extra?

Bought a ton of Grana scoops last year but these look much better.

boozwah

Reaction score
I have a couple of DSTLD tees and they are pretty great for the price. I actually prefer the normal crew tees as opposed to the modern crew. The normal crew has a nice dropped neckline that is wearable and not too exaggerated. My only complaint really is the length on the shirts is pretty long. The length is nice when layering with some sweatshirts/sweaters/jackets but isn't that great if I just want to wear a tee with jeans or shorts. Textured tees are pretty nice and are still pretty cheap at $28.

boozwah

Reaction score
I went TTS. I haven't worn AA in a while, but I always buy L in UNIQLO t-shirts and went with a L. Fit tends to be slim and long. I am 6 foot, 175 for reference.

boned

Reaction score
Any new contenders in the mix? DSTLD are just about to stock their modern crews which have been sold out for a while but the wait list pics look totally redesigned; more conservative neckline, raw hem, thinner fabric. Drape is totally gone and the shirt looks tighter and more cropped. $5 increase per shirt too. Bummer.

Last edited:

Lohikaarme

Reaction score
Not designer, but these are my favourite basic tees: http://www.amazon.de/Continental-Me...39249797&sr=1-6&keywords=continental+clothing

They have a nice length, they're made of bamboo viscose and cotton so they're soft and drape well, they have a nice loose neck, and the price is right. The company mostly does wholesale for companies making graphic tees, but the shirts are quite nice on their own.
Any easy way to get these in the USA? IMO size up one. Maybe two. They shrink like crazy if you accidentally machine dry them.

boned

Reaction score
Reviving this thread once more. Anyone have any new solid options? Still on the lookout; Grana got rid off all their colors and DSTLD is a mess. Ordered 10 tees from them and the length was crazy long and a bit wide for the size (I'm 6'1 and the M dropped below the crotch of my jeans). They said they had a defect in their latest batch and that I could exchange but I'd rather find something else. Their CS is shite and the shirts were very thin (decent drape though). Grana's had a good thickness and were Supima for like 15ish bucks. These were 25 and immediately felt subpar.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Reviving this thread once more.  Anyone have any new solid options?  Still on the lookout; Grana got rid off all their colors and DSTLD is a mess.  Ordered 10 tees from them and the length was crazy long and a bit wide for the size (I'm 6'1 and the M dropped below the crotch of my jeans).  They said they had a defect in their latest batch and that I could exchange but I'd rather find something else.  Their CS is shite and the shirts were very thin (decent drape though).  Grana's had a good thickness and were Supima for like 15ish bucks.  These were 25 and immediately felt subpar.

I'm a big fan of the WvG u-necks (although I'm partial to WvG in general). I think someone said they found the sleeves too short and slim, but they work for me. Probably my favorite fabric ever. http://www.wolfvsgoat.com/collections/tees

Lone Flag also has an in-house line of tees. I wish the neckline was maybe an inch lower, but overall they're not bad. They have a couple of colors (I think all variations on white, black, and grey). http://loneflag.co/products/lone-flag-basic-form-fit-heather-gray

I randomly found a couple of Asos-brand tees that were ok, but generally speaking their quality is awful and it's kind of random what you're going to end up with when you order from them (two shirts of the same model in different colors could fit totally differently).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads