• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Rubinacci Thread.

greger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whnay.
P1000811.jpg

That is the best picture of you that I have seen on the net yet.
The trousers are interesting.
The blazer is fine, though I would certainly do it different.
And, the shirt collar would be a little flatter.
Nice shoes.

quar

Reaction score
I assume that Moo was suggesting that whnay's outfit was a little flashy. whnay *****-slapped him back with brief response heavily drenched in big-timer bravado. The exchange was amusing to me. whnay walked away the winner. Big-timer's in London House Bespoke never lose.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rufino
That grey trouser is ill fitting , sorry to say.

Really? I think they look particularly good in that photo.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rufino
That grey trouser is ill fitting , sorry to say.
How do you figure that?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Luca likes a really low buttoning point. Not sure I do. I think he would look better with it raised a bit.

Foo's pants are fine, jeebus, it's cloth people.

wolveringGPW

Reaction score
This is my first post to this thread, but I've been following along for almost a year now.

This Friday I make my first trip to Naples to visit M. Rubinacci to place my first order. I'll not subject myself to the often-found punishment on this thread by listing my reasons for choosing Rubinacci, but suffice it to say I am taking a careful approach.

First, I now live in Zurich so I can visit Naples as often as needed for fittings, etc. My plan is order 2 suits, 3R2, side vents - one blue and one grey - with a request for a traditional rollina shoulder. I am 6'1" and 190 pounds. I've been disappointed for many years by "bespoke" services in Washington DC, NYC, Hong Kong and elsewhere. I've spent from $1500 to $4500 per suit and yet am totally dissatisfied with the outcome. It seems no one can build a well proportioned suit for an athletic person over 6 feet tall. Anyhow, I am in love with a soft Neopolitan shoulder and Rubinacci seems the best choice to be "safe" for my first commission in Naples.

My main thought - cost is not out of the picture for me. I know after visiting Rubinacci, I'll walk away well over EUR 10,000 for two suits and some pants. I know the outcome will be great, but will it be worth the cost?

I'm really on the fence and would never cancel my appointment in 2 days with Mariano - but I'm interested in other's thoughts on here.

A "real" Napolean friend of mine in Zurich swears up and down by Solito at half the price. Should I visit Solito and have him commission one suit and Rubinacci one?

Is it worth visiting Anna M for shirts or will Rubinacci shirts in Riva cloth be of the same quality and detail?

I promise to post pics, feedback and comments as I start my foray into Napolean tailoring. . .

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads