• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Possibly Official Engineered Garments Trading Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

White Cotton Bedford Small

Khaki Cotton/Linen Irving (not sure I want to let this one go) Small

These two are still available, hit me up.

HelloFello

Reaction score
If any of you fine gents can find/have any of the SS madras Baker in medium in the following prints, let me know.

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not me but I'm local as well if you ever want to grab a drink or something

Yes we should. Should probably get the ball rolling on another Boston meet-up.

Also: I have the Wave Jacquard Knit Jacket in a size L that I think I'm going to part with. Can't swing trades right now but I'll quote you a fair cash price.
*not my picture

lawlercon

Reaction score
This pains me to do but I've gotta accept the fact that workaday cords are just cut way too small. I've got a pair of olive workaday cords in size 36 up for trade. They are 9/10 condition. I would entertain Eg in xl top or 36 bottoms. Other Japanese brands in sizes I would also be interested in. Just want to get these to a good home and pick up something I can comfortably wear.

Please note, you should wear a 34 in EG bottoms to wear these. If you wear a 36 and think these will fit, you will be disappointed. They are extremely small fitting in the top block.

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lawlercon Do Size small workaday fatigues fit someone with a 30 waist? or are they far too large? One website said that a size small measured 33 inches, which would make no sense.

lawlercon

Reaction score

@lawlercon
 Do Size small workaday fatigues fit someone with a 30 waist? or are they far too large? One website said that a size small measured 33 inches, which would make no sense.

Misread your question. If your waist is a 30, you will probably wear a small fatigue and have to taper the waist tabs. A small fatigue probably fits about 31-32 inch waist.

You would wear a size 32 workaday cord if your waist is a true 30.

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yes, workaday cords is smaller sizes (28/30-XS/S) run tts to tight, last pair of 30's I had measured around 15 1/4" across the waist, 28's measure around 14 1/4"

if you're normally a vanity sized 30 waist in other jeans then go 32 on the cords

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lawlercon @canstyleace I'm a 29 in jeans (RRL, Nudie) and I'm a 30 in pants. Should I just go for Mainline EG Fatigues because I'm too skinny for workaday? I honestly dont know whats different about the Workaday line vs regular EG stuff, can you enlighten me?

lawlercon

Reaction score

@lawlercon
 @canstyleace
 I'm a 29 in jeans (RRL, Nudie) and I'm a 30 in pants. Should I just go for Mainline EG Fatigues because I'm too skinny for workaday? I honestly dont know whats different about the Workaday line vs regular EG stuff, can you enlighten me?

Workaday is basically more traditional military style fit. Straight leg, high rise, big leg opening, etc. Main line is more tapered, lower rise, etc. If you want to embrace the baggyish Eg steez, you'll want the workaday. If you want something more fitted with a smaller leg opening but like the fatigue pockets etc, go with mainline.

Last edited:

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@lawlercon I'm not going to lie I'm very intrigued by that japanese baggy Needles/EG swag. Its quite the wardrobe change from Allsaints and J Crew, however...

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fluctuate from a true 28" to 29" actual waist, and I wear 26 in apc raw, 28 or XS in eg mainline pants

I've tried a few eg workaday pants and the cords where the only ones that were tts and not too baggy like the fatigues or others I've tried

eg mainline pants are also tts, so i'f you're a true 29 I'd go 30 or Small on the fatigues with waist-tabs/cinch-waist

Last edited:

cold war painter

Reaction score
I'm a true 29" waist; I wear XS in the workaday fatigues and usually need a belt as well. EG mainline fatigues I take a 30 with the side tabs done up, no belt necessary. Workaday cords (which I love and have lots of) I take a 30, also no belt needed and they are perhaps a little on the tight side even.

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think I'm a true 29. I'm probably closer to a 30.5" seeing as how much I stretch out 29 RRL jeans...

Saisen

Reaction score

I'm located in Perth, Australia.
All items can be shipped internationally through Australia Post, quotes can be given depending on what you are after.
All items are in AUD.
Payment through PayPal (4% fee) only so that everyone is covered.
Items for sale are :

1. Engineered Garments: Button Shawl
Brown Wool Antique Herringbone OR Worsted Wool in Dark Olive
New / Unworn
One size
$180 AUD Each

2. Engineered Garments Dark. Navy / Red Floral Jacquard Bedford Jacket
New / Tried on but too big
Size LARGE
$480 AUD

PS: The pattern isn't that noticeable, it's actually a lot darker, but for the sake of photos I adjusted the lighting.

3. Engineered Garments Olive Poplin Tablier
New / Unworn
One Size
$220 AUD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads