• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE PITTILOGUES: ONE MAN'S RAMBLINGS THROUGH THE SEEDY UNDERBELLY OF #MENSWEAR AT PITTI UOMO 85

basil rathbone

Reaction score

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

Pitti Uomo: Day 3, pt. 2
Mangiamo a Tutto Bene !

Nice to see @benesyed got his restaurant business under way, the medical profession be damned

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i´m dying here, shah
rotflmao.gif

Synth, I wish #pitti lasted weeks so these writings would never ceas, though I´m pretty sure you´d grow tired of it.
Awesome stuff, I thoroughly enjoyed this last one!!

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
**** so much comedy gold, lost it when i read "Wooster is here, mustache reaching for the heavens"

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Synthese i am excited to read your PN/P write up when it comes out. Also your write ups are making me miss Florence, i loved it there.

Hate to disappoint you, but it'll be mostly me writing about PN/P (although I'm sure @Synthese will explain everything I got stupid in the thread that follows). The idea of the swap was that I would write about my impressions of the SW&D stores while Synth would write up what he thought of the CM spots. I hope to come up with something entertaining though. We (by which I mean Synth) got some great pics at PN/P though. Great store, great owner. I wish we had time to go to the women's store too.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Hate to disappoint you, but it'll be mostly me writing about PN/P (although I'm sure @Synthese will explain everything I got stupid in the thread that follows). The idea of the swap was that I would write about my impressions of the SW&D stores while Synth would write up what he thought of the CM spots. I hope to come up with something entertaining though. We (by which I mean Synth) got some great pics at PN/P though. Great store, great owner. I wish we had time to go to the women's store too.

Looking forward to your impressions. It might also be interesting for the CM crowd to read Teger's interview with Karo Steel of the now closed Atelier. Some insightful comments regarding traditional tailoring/design/construction.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/360637/...r-s-karlo-steel-part-i-fashion-art-and-design
http://www.styleforum.net/t/361313/...the-state-of-the-industry-and-looking-forward

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do Yuki Matsuda and I have in common?

We both rode the Buttero horsey...

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for these links, I will read through this interview before doing my SWD writeups.

Interestingly enough, one of the things that Marco was very curious about was Atelier's closing. He told us he has the exact same model (phone/email orders, very much based on communication - which must be hard in Italian) and wanted to understand why they had gone under. Sadly, this is not my area of expertise. Although, I'm not sure what my area of expertise is. Based on the fact that it's 2:30 AM and I'm leaving for the airport in three hours, I would say "bars."

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

synthese griefing someone from huddler is a dream come true

I know nothing about Huddler, but I would have to say that Stephanie is 1) pretty awesome 2) very intelligent 3) seems to be quite good at her job, and 4) really likes Nine Inch Nails. I can't think of anything to complain about.

spacepope

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Synth, I wish your Pitti reporting could go on forever, though I'm sure that would reduce you to a wizened husk begging for sweet release from the endless garish pocketsquares and immaculate moustaches.

Seriously though you write some awesome stuff, be it about bearded men in ponchos, drunken swedes, or simply just brands that need to get more love on this forum of ours. Looking forward to the interviews and more in-depth stuff. Would love to see you covering various fashun weeks or runway shows, preferably drunk and/or on mescaline.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads