• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Overcoat Thread

slows2k

Reaction score
Thanks!
I was kind of in the same situation with the granddad. I'm typically a 52 but the 52 granddad was definitely way too large on me, it looked absurd. I ended up going with the 50, which is still roomy through the waist but I wish the chest was just a tiny bit larger.

Tried to get some pics that might be useful. My general proportions to start, wearing a Drakes chore coat in 40. 5'7", about 170.
tempImageilSn9v.png

PS x PWVC balmacaan in 4/M. I had to take the sleeves up almost 3 inches. Shorter arms on a shorter guy. First pic is unbuttoned. Second is buttoned all the way up. Last is the back.

tempImageVhOQLk.png tempImagensU2Y3.png tempImagevpwmAh.png

Lastly, for fun since I had everything out anyway: pics of of the PS x PWVC overcoat in 4/M.

tempImageT4JSto.png

tempImage15QIlN.png

Ignore the strange collar shapes not here, I just pulled them out of storage and they tend to lie correctly once they've been used once. They're still relaxing here.

Iskander

Reaction score
Tried to get some pics that might be useful. My general proportions to start, wearing a Drakes chore coat in 40. 5'7", about 170.
View attachment 2261235

PS x PWVC balmacaan in 4/M. I had to take the sleeves up almost 3 inches. Shorter arms on a shorter guy. First pic is unbuttoned. Second is buttoned all the way up. Last is the back.

View attachment 2261241 View attachment 2261239 View attachment 2261237

Lastly, for fun since I had everything out anyway: pics of of the PS x PWVC overcoat in 4/M.

View attachment 2261243

View attachment 2261245

Ignore the strange collar shapes not here, I just pulled them out of storage and they tend to lie correctly once they've been used once. They're still relaxing here.
Thanks so much for doing that! Super helpful. Looks like I'll probably be good with a 5/L.
They all look great on you btw

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2261235

View attachment 2261243

View attachment 2261245

The Double Breasted w/ Raglan sleeves is beautiful ! I wish i had an excuse to get another overcoat, but where I live, San Francisco Area, I never wear the ones I have

CLH03

Reaction score
View attachment 2261235

View attachment 2261243

View attachment 2261245

Nice boots!

slows2k

Reaction score
The Double Breasted w/ Raglan sleeves is beautiful ! I wish i had an excuse to get another overcoat, but where I live, San Francisco Area, I never wear the ones I have
Well, we live in the same area (I'm in Oakland) and I don't let it deter me. I just accept that these are things I don't wear much, but every time I do I derive a huge amount of pleasure from it. I just figure it's a purchase for the VERY long haul, not one I expect to get tons of regular use from every year.

Nice boots!
Thanks! Alden x Leffot color 8 Villager boots; amazing jack of all trades pair. Don't stand out but never the wrong choice.

Prue

Reaction score
Ironically, O' Connells, in the US, who carries a wide selection of Chrysalis,
has excellent customer service, at least over the phone. They'll actually grab
a pair of trousers that one is inquiring about and measure them in "real time"
while you hold.

O'Connells is one of my favorite retailers but I wish they would hire a model to be photographed with their clothes or at least take new photos in better lighting for their whole catalogue. It's difficult to tell how many of their pieces look, especially trousers.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
O'Connells is one of my favorite retailers but I wish they would hire a model to be photographed with their clothes or at least take new photos in better lighting for their whole catalogue. It's difficult to tell how many of their pieces look, especially trousers.
I've never been to the store, but the range of clothing, etc. reminds me of the old
Brooks Bros main store in New York 40 years ago. The advantage of O'Connells is that they
offer non private label merchandise. The disadvantage is that they are in Buffalo.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legality