• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The OneShirt: A Phoenix from the Ashes [4/24/13 UPDATE: A SHIRTMAKER, AN ENGLISHMAN, CHAMBRAY, AND F

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That really doesn't look to be anything like the same kind of quality that Foo was talking about, 100% cotton or not. Still, I'm nterested to see what any finished shirts look like.

I'm not sure there exists a correct fabric for a buttondown with no placket with single link cuffs.

But it's one of those 'is the King of France bald?'' sort of questions.

AbeFroeman

Reaction score
Why not look at the the OneShoe for some inspiration?

- Works with jeans and suits
- Needs help at highest levels of formality (and lowest, lets be real)
- Doesn't appear on WAYWRN that much, but is classic.

Spread collar single cuff does not achieve any of this.

Reality is that the OneShirt is a BD, placket front, BC, end-on-endish fabric blue shirt. Needs a white FC at the high end (and a polo shirt at the low end) to complete the wardrobe.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Abe, you seem to be confused about the nature of :foo: threads.

There is really only OneThread.

The subject matters ostensibly differ but the true purpose is to, through a series of rhetorical questions and petty arguments, drag you ever-so-slightly higher up the steeze chain while reminding you of your lowly station.

Know your place and be grateful for the crumbs that fall from :foo:'s Saarinen.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The element of :foo: threads I find most interesting is how long they ramble along after he's abandoned them.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any experience with Tessitura Monti chambray? I was told it's 100% cotton, and it seemed pretty good to me. It is very light and very thin, somewhat sheer. It might not be a true chambray, but it looks and feels good. I don't think I can recall anybody mentioning it in this thread..?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anybody have any experience with Tessitura Monti chambray? I was told it's 100% cotton, and it seemed pretty good to me. It is very light and very thin, somewhat sheer. It might not be a true chambray, but it looks and feels good. I don't think I can recall anybody mentioning it in this thread..?

Got one today:

DtQFkSa.jpg

KGfwZf0.jpg

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice, NOBD.

Incidentally, does anyone know what Foo ended up going with for his OneShirt project?

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Carl. Hairline it is. (It was called summer chambray.)

Mymil: I wore it a few hours out of the package yesterday and the weave is quite dense (correct my terminology if it doesn't make sense, Carl) in the way that it doesn't stretch at all. So, it's quite smooth and light, not springy. This might be Indian Monti, not Italian Monti; I don't know for sure, and I don't really know what that means. It's certainly not French, though :).

Update: and it's a ***** to iron. :)

Last edited:

pendragon

Reaction score
I hate shirts that are a ***** to iron. If I was going to have only one shirt, that would be on my list of criteria.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads