• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Old Guys threak

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
Regarding the pull tabs on beer, in my freshman year we had free Stroh's all semester because they wanted to get rid of the pull tabs and one of the seniors had a parent who worked for Stroh's.

I dimly recall an afternoon 'gathering' at some paranoid kid's house. He was freaking out b/c he could only find 22 of the pull tabs (all 24 empties were accounted for), and was sure his parents would find the stray 2 tabs and bust him. I remember opening my dad's Rheingold & Schaefers w/ a church key...
cheers.gif

Originally Posted by Piobaire
Anyone have the very old styled hockey game, where you pulled and twisted levers? All my friends and I had one, and we spent hours playing it.

My boyz are getting one for Christmas!
fistbump.gif
boxing[1].gif

Originally Posted by lefty
Remember Cheever's mask? In retrospect, it's a little scary.

cheevers6.jpg

lefty

Eddy Giacomin's uncovered face might have been a little scarier! IIRC, Terry Sawchuk also started doing the stitches thing.....

Originally Posted by RSS
That actually looks fun. What year? Viabrating Football was a total e-ffing dud!

Vibrating Football was the biggest scam perpetrated on the American public since Dry Cleaner Martinizing...

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Here is the new and improved version. Much better:
hockeytable30-2T.jpg

Rube - Agreed. That is the version you see in the arcade area at rinks. I checked into one, but it is a serious $$$ commitment, and weighs close to 300 lbs.
eh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr. Checks
First topic: I'm ******* pissed that we didn't have webcams when I was 20.

I'm only 38, but with some of the kids on this forum, I'm feeling like an old fart.

I recently commented to a co-worker that I wish we had had digital cameras when I was a teen. We were discussing wild teenage girlfriends. She woulda let me.

And I miss Flipper (the show not the band).

b

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it a performance artist/model who broke that barrier? Velselka/Verushka or something?

lefty

As I recall, the first time it appeared were in some rather murky shots of a black girl dancing--sort of the "National Geographic double standard"--okay to show naked or nearly naked black women if they were "natives."

The first Playmate to show pubic hair was a Norwegian girl, Liv Lindeland, January of '72 if I remember correctly. It was really quite a thrill at the time.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I remember a profile shot of the black girl dancing to left and hunched over. Thumbs up on Liv.
41WVA0EAFWL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
lefty

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
As I recall, the first time it appeared were in some rather murky shots of a black girl dancing--sort of the "National Geographic double standard"--okay to show naked or nearly naked black women if they were "natives."

The first Playmate to show pubic hair was a Norwegian girl, Liv Lindeland, January of '72 if I remember correctly. It was really quite a thrill at the time.

January '72 was Marilyn Cole. Quite bushy.
January '71 was Liv. Just a wisp of PH.

Playmate archive.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
January '72 was Marilyn Cole. Quite bushy.
January '71 was Liv. Just a wisp of PH.

Playmate archive.

I was going to click on DR's link to "playmate archive" but I figured it was just a photo of a musty basement cellar in North Dakota or something.

You know, that "archive" way in the back in "Dad's work room"

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
The only thing I miss is ********** with young women. Once the hair starts to go they seem to want more and more money for sexual favours and I'm on a budget nowadays.

What about Rogain?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Parker
I still write checks for all my bills.... and buy postage stamps... at the post office.

And you're a kid compared to many of us.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it a performance artist/model who broke that barrier? Velselka/Verushka or something?

lefty

If I recall correctly, public hair appeared in Playboy in response to
Bob Guccione's Penthouse display of feminine foliage, around 1970

mike540

Reaction score
ah, the memories...
the outcry over mandatory seatbelt use,
the injustice of no longer being able to smoke in the doctors waiting room,
my overprotective mother making me wear a hockey helmet while learning to rollerskate at a time when you probably couldn't buy a child's bike helmet if you wanted to.
feeling like a big shot because we got the Commodore 64 with the color monitor while my freinds got stuck with the Vic 20 and tape drive...
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member