• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only been to Lotus of Siam once and I was a little underwhelmed by the food. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe our table didn't order wisely. It wasn't bad, of course, but it didn't strike me as so much better than the best Thai places in L.A. or Queens.

The wine list is pretty incredible for a Thai place.

Last edited:

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The whole catfish at Lotus of Siam was incredible. I looked through chowhound to get an idea of what to order. LoS is a fantastic dining option in Vegas. Would definitely return but note that it gets really crowded. I went right as it opened and waited an hour.

djblisk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've only been to Lotus of Siam once and I was a little underwhelmed by the food. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe our table didn't order wisely. It wasn't bad, of course, but it didn't strike me as so much better than the best Thai places in L.A. or Queens.

The wine list is pretty incredible for a Thai place.

Try Hoy-Ka Noodles

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too researched prior to visiting and went the route of speaking to the server, provided some guidelines and let him order for us (I was with my kids so I couldn't get too crazy). I also made a reservation, which was pretty painless. Some of the reviews I read were funny in that people went there and ordered the standard stuff they'd get at their neighborhood Thai place: pad thai, satay, etc and were disappointed. Northern Thai is their specialty (which I don't know much about) and we tried to focus on that. I could eat several orders of crispy fried rice with sausage.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Rosemary's was able to re-open? It was my favorite off-strip place in Vegas but suddenly closed about four-five years ago. I had heard the chef/owner was going to reopen but cannot find it. Their prix fixe was an incredible deal.

ChrisGold

Reaction score

I love restaurants where the chef comes out to chat and expects a wine tax (in her/his own, nicer glass)

I've seen this, and it's atrocious. At BYOBs where I know the owner, I will often offer, or send a taste back to the chef.

Only once did I have the opposite happen, at Le Bec Fin of all places. Georges was sitting with my wife and I, dropping F bombs as only he can in his beautiful French accent, both in general conversation and to curse out his staff. He had a huge Burgundy glass in his hand and I asked him what he was drinking. He grabbed a waiter and sent him back into the kitchen to grab the bottle, and my wife and I both got a few ounces of 1990 La Tache. God I miss that place...

ChrisGold

Reaction score
This past weekend was strong in CA wines. All drank very well with the Tin Man being the best of the bunch, but honorable mention to both Duckhorns, which were consumed (by dumb luck) at probably the perfect point in their evolution.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I kept turning down my Scarecrow and Tin Man and now am wait listed again. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on CA cult cab for that price. :(

ChrisGold

Reaction score

I kept turning down my Scarecrow and Tin Man and now am wait listed again. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on CA cult cab for that price. :(

I have a buddy who got on the list early and we split the allocation sometimes. I too have a hard time spending the $ on cult wines, so recently I just take some Tin Man and let him pay for all the Scarecrow knowing I'll drink a lot of them with him anyway. :slayer:

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

From Sunday night. Rioja was really good. About $20.

I know that most will judge me for my Brunello vinfanticide but I don't care. Yes it's young, but it's also really approachable and ******* good right now. I have five more of these and they may not live to adulthood. Just saying.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
2010 was like the greatest brunello vintage of all time. I've yet to have even tasted a bad one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads