• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Where are you staying? Plans for eating and tasting?

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Where are you staying? Plans for eating and tasting?
Marriott has some AirBnB style rentals in the area (‘Homes and Villas’ I think it’s called), so I can get a house and pick up some Marriott points as well.

Wineries-
Turtle Rock (first time)
Clos Solene
Halter Ranch
Brecon
Epoch

We usually do Turley and Torrin or Fulldraw but the friends we invited like Cabs, so we subbed in Halter and Brecon. I asked Booker if we can try the MFN wines when we taste with them, but they said no (I think we used to be able to, but I assume we can’t after they were sold)

Nothing special planned for food- probably that Italian place in Tin City for the first day, and grilling the second.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Marriott has some AirBnB style rentals in the area (‘Homes and Villas’ I think it’s called), so I can get a house and pick up some Marriott points as well.

Wineries-
Turtle Rock (first time)
Clos Solene
Halter Ranch
Brecon
Epoch

We usually do Turley and Torrin or Fulldraw but the friends we invited like Cabs, so we subbed in Halter and Brecon. I asked Booker if we can try the MFN wines when we taste with them, but they said no (I think we used to be able to, but I assume we can’t after they were sold)

Nothing special planned for food- probably that Italian place in Tin City for the first day, and grilling the second.

Linne has a great Cab these days, The Martian. Whalebone does pretty much just Cabs.

ricoishere

Reaction score
Linne has a great Cab these days, The Martian. Whalebone does pretty much just Cabs.
Since our young adults still like coming home we had to put something together real quick. This Syrah was perfect with the lamb and tenderloin!

Attachments

• 20240330_195215.jpg
    20240330_195215.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 15
  • 20240330_195559.jpg
    20240330_195559.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240330_201024.jpg
    20240330_201024.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 24

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Talking about Paso Cabs. Paired with a SRF wagyu and it was excellent.

So, I'm going to say I don't think this was a $150 bottle of wine. It's not going to get any better, it lacked that depth that I would expect at this price point. It was nice drinking, tannins already resolved and fine, but neither power nor complexity were present.

IMG_9273.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads