• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Wine Thread

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paso goodness. Syrah, Grenache, Mourvedre, Tempranillo and Zinfandel. Epoch are reliable and still fairly fairly priced.

IMG_4216.jpg

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I will be visiting California in April can you recommend some easily available Californian wines? Like @Colonel Mustard said, they are sometimes hard to obtain overseas. Plus what’s better way to get to know the region than to buy local wines :)I’d buy most in 15-25$ range and some in 25-50$.

So if you guys have any suggestions I will be super grateful, don’t wanna miss any must-tries

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am getting more and more into Walla Walla wines. Looking to try new ones. What are people's favorites?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
<3 Epic and Jordan. She's great and we still treasure the time her and her crew gave us when we visited a couple years ago. Top to bottom tour of the winery then off to the vineyards where we spent a few hour sin rhinos touring them and then a catered lunch under a majestic oak tree at the top of the hill where the owners have a place. Incredible day.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hey guys I will be visiting California in April can you recommend some easily available Californian wines? Like @Colonel Mustard said, they are sometimes hard to obtain overseas. Plus what’s better way to get to know the region than to buy local wines :)I’d buy most in 15-25$ range and some in 25-50$.

So if you guys have any suggestions I will be super grateful, don’t wanna miss any must-tries

Are you talking about easily available in CA? What part of CA will you be in?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, you'll be in wine heaven. Just pick a grape varietal you like and let price be the guide to quality. Price isn't always a guide to quality in Europe but it is a pretty solid proxy in California.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can use the K&L web site for research -- it's very comprehensive and you can sort by price band -- and then just go to their store in the city to pick up.

Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 8.14.28 AM.png

I would recommend good zinfandel as a distinctively CA experience that's also quite well priced. Look for Ridge or Turley or Day (which is the former winemaker at Turley.)

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
<3 Epic and Jordan. She's great and we still treasure the time her and her crew gave us when we visited a couple years ago. Top to bottom tour of the winery then off to the vineyards where we spent a few hour sin rhinos touring them and then a catered lunch under a majestic oak tree at the top of the hill where the owners have a place. Incredible day.

Isn't it a bit early to be drunk? ;)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Hmm, had these on mah phone. The Pedarewski Vineyard was once owned by a guy named...Pedarewski. Apparently he was a world level concert pianist but had arthritis or something. There's a sulfur hotspring on the property and that bathtub he'd soak in out in the open is still there. Pretty cool.

88CB7A95-0256-4AA7-B595-2D76F7A8FA6A.jpeg
19D54E82-AE2E-44BD-9FCF-587821B25395.jpeg
D5AA4E0F-AC88-4049-8F04-264E2111D12D.jpeg
FE02B74C-63AF-41DC-8380-86F403849869.jpeg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Man, life has been too busy to get back to Paso since Feb 2016. It's killing me as it's going the Napa way now. The place we always stayed at, Hotel Cheval, just got voted So Cal's best inn or something. We have been there three times now, two times over Xmas, and once in February. Sitting out in that courtyard in front of the open wood fire place...sipping wine you just bought and eating popcorn I would run across the street to the theatre to get...heaven.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Well, Wojt, I think you have your marching orders here. You need to visit your fellow countryman's legacy.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When you go back, go to Somm's Kitchen for dinner. Ian is insane (in the good sense) and knows every winemaker in the area, if not the damn world it seems like.

(* I particularly love that he manages to spell sommelier three different wrong ways on his web site. :D)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I know it's not but that pic looks almost exactly like the interior of the attached wine bar at the Hotel Cheval.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdsakba