• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Vintage Clothing and Accessories Thread

joshmick

Reaction score
(sorry if I am over-posting), but I thought this vintage SC was cool and unique and the pictures turned out well. Scored for $1 at an estate sale:

- Chest: 21.5"
- Sleeve: 25.5" (with approx. 3" to let out)
- Length: 32"
- Shoulders: 18"
- Width at lowest button: 20.5"

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

(sorry if I am over-posting), but I thought this vintage SC was cool and unique and the pictures turned out well. Scored for $1 at an estate sale:
bold. hope you wear it once fitted to you

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow, that brings up an unpleasant memory.
DA02B3F3-6180-4F1F-98AA-155C67DBDEED.jpg

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
That checked number would be much more palatable with slimmer lapels. I lol'd at your photo, Orgetorix.

Summer may be fading in the US of A, but this jacket is still happenin'. A true patchwork, alternating panels of madras and chambray! It's even cut in a timeless Ivy/Trad fashion.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That checked number would be much more palatable with slimmer lapels. I lol'd at your photo, Orgetorix.

Summer may be fading in the US of A, but this jacket is still happenin'. A true patchwork, alternating panels of madras and chambray! It's even cut in a timeless Ivy/Trad fashion.

God ! I miss Nantucket.

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Nothing special about this jacket aside from the name on the label. Based on Carroll & Co's founder's connection with Warner Bros, the apparent period, and my finding it close to Beverly Hills, I'm pretty sure it once belonged to Jack L. Warner of Warner Bros. Studios.

Tradvocate

Reaction score
Nothing special about this jacket aside from the name on the label. Based on Carroll & Co's founder's connection with Warner Bros, the apparent period, and my finding it close to Beverly Hills, I'm pretty sure it once belonged to Jack L. Warner of Warner Bros. Studios.
I live in SB and would have gotten a kick to have come across this in the field.

Philip Havice

Reaction score
Yes , that was my Company I started in 1974 , Antonio Guiseppe leathers by Havice .
I designed the logo of the two moons with desert scent on horizon too

Coal_Mining_Polak

Reaction score
Wow, here's a 1940's(?)-era Tweed that's truly a relic. A myriad colors woven into a pale green background, anchoring a bright red windowpane. The "flecks" in the fabric are woven within, giving it a unique texture. It also has the typical-of-the-era 1/4 skeleton lining! The armholes are surprisingly high; it's a drape-cut 36 or slim 38. I can't recognize the Union tag, it doesn't appear to be ACWA.

mormonopoly

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wonderful jacket. That union tag is the United Garment Workers of America, which went pretty much unchanged from the 1930s-90s. I agree with the 40's date here though, I have a very 40's jacket with that same Sherman's Clothes label.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bhargav1505