• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snipe Alert!

Anyone a 40R and looking for a Zegna Couture XXX 100% Cashmere POW SC? Not my listing, but seller isn't listing it as Couture XXX so it may go for somewhat cheap. Ends in 17+ hrs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-475-Zegna...102?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae7d33f4e

Those look like surgeon cuffs too.
sly.gif

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wife is in London and Paris this week so i'm flying solo. Decided to drive 200+ miles and thrift some far away spots. Found a few cool things including the oldest piece I've ever found (Tail coat). New goal is to find something >100 years old.

Also found an X-Files jacket that I'm never going to actually wear. But hey, for $4, who knows?!

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're two ham radios with speaker and a cb radio for anyone wondering.

Also from this stop:

Is this wimmenz'? brodeetz!!!

I've sold a pair of NSF selvedge for decent price but that was like 2 years ago. I've never seen those jeans outside of southerner Cali. DM7 used to haul those. The quality of my jeans look pretty decent but nothing too out of the world. I think you should be able to push those for a good price.

proxy, yes?

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I found a Stefano Ricci tie and pocket square, still in box, today. When I got it home, I found that the bastard thing has a pen mark on the front. Is this something a dry cleaner can remove without ruining the tie?

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score

I found a Stefano Ricci tie and pocket square, still in box, today. When I got it home, I found that the bastard thing has a pen mark on the front. Is this something a dry cleaner can remove without ruining the tie?

I've taken pen off a tie with one of those Tide to go pens before without any issues. As always test color fastness on the back somewhere first.

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wife is in London and Paris this week so i'm flying solo. Decided to drive 200+ miles and thrift some far away spots. Found a few cool things including the oldest piece I've ever found (Tail coat). New goal is to find something >100 years old.

Need moar pics!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone date this box??

Tradvocate

Reaction score

I have sometimes been successful using rubbing alcohol or even hand sanitizer and blotting with a white towel. No promises. Good luck!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads