• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Breakfast for thrifters? Think I'll skip this tomorrow and check out waffle house instead.

Best Western? Oh, and I think I recognized that Goodwill from when I was in Atlanta. Have a good time, good luck!

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Couple picks from the past few weeks. Nothing huge, but, very practical things that could be useful to those in need. Let me know if you see anything you all want!

Available YSL 41R

Available - Brooks Brothers Lot French Cuff

Available - Brooks Brothers Lot

Available - Thomas Pink French Cuff

Available - Thomas Pink French Cuff

Available - Harris Tweed 40R

Available - Harris Tweed 40R (Does anyone have an idea why there are two Harris Tweed tags on this piece)?

OliT

Reaction score

Best Western? Oh, and I think I recognized that Goodwill from when I was in Atlanta. Have a good time, good luck!

Holiday Inn Express! Not the best breakfast, but the hotel is nice and updated. I think that picture is from Smyrna or around there. Now to check out some consignment stores.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^That first Harris Tweed is beautiful. Waaaay too small for me, but beautiful.
Thanks man, which brings me to my point, it fits me perfectly is the chest, but is too long, is this an easy fix for a tailor? I have ZERO experience in tailoring.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Length change is not a cheap alteration but is doable.

Bahljs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Length change is not a cheap alteration but is doable.
I mean being a short ass dude, I need most all jackets altered in some way, but, here in CLE, prices are dumb cheap. Got both of those tweed jacket above for a total of $4.

Takai

Reaction score

I mean being a short ass dude, I need most all jackets altered in some way, but, here in CLE, prices are dumb cheap. Got both of those tweed jacket above for a total of $4.
Tell me about it, I take a 27.5" BOC jacket, do you know how hard it is to find that in any decent quality at a thrift? With Patch pockets, if new, or nos sometimes even; you can have the pockets bumped and get away with shortening a bit more without it looking as wonky...sometimes.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
Last week to week and a half, been pretty good.
Tie group shot, L to R, Hermes, Charvet, 3x Recent RT BOC

Mezlan Ostrich Loafers

Loro Piana XL Cotton Shirt

Luciano Barbera Blue Cashmere Sweater

Brown and Gray Robert Graham Paisley Print Shirt

Red XL Patagonia Snap-T

2x Arc'Teryx V-Neck Polyester Shirts/Baselayers

Mountain Hardwear Deep Pile, Reminds me of the Patagonia Retro-X

2x Peter Millar (I think the Golf Line?) Cashmere/Silk/Cotton Sweaters, Peter Millar has a crazy following and always does really well for me.

Cheaney Chukkas, not shell like I thought at first glance but thanks to @1ofTheCoolKids and @tben for the assist on figuring out these were Cheaney.

And finally, a request for some help on this Bullock's Jacket, see the spoilers for more.

If any one has any more info on this I would appreciate it. So far I've figured out that WPL 388 is for Charles Rabin and Co, who made pajamas for the military during WW2 I believe. But would you guys call this a smoking jacket?

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So watched Kingsman yesterday and the main base is on Savile Row right by Dege and Skinner, fun movie.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrift fit from this weekend.

All my gear was thrifted except my boots. Haven't been snowboarding for quite a while so I'm sore as hell today. Forgot a baclava so I have wind burn on my face now
1f611.png

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So watched Kingsman yesterday and the main base is on Savile Row right by Dege and Skinner, fun movie.
So that's what the comment hours ago said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads