• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, what was that link that went over all the different vintage outerwear brands?
What is this link, I need it. There is so much vintage outerwear here and I have no clue what to do with it. I don't know if I risk just buying it all up or not. Need this list.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea, there really can't be a "general rule of thumb" because there is such a vast disparity between the manufacturers that utilize EZ's fabrics and it also matters which type of EZ fabric they are using. If I find a suit made by Isaia that has the Tessuto Ermenegildo Zegna Trofeo Wool tag in it, I'm pickin that **** up for sure...but if I find a Saks 5th Ave Suit without a recognizable manufacturer tag and the Tessuto EZ Wool on it, I'm passing. If you use Vicuna but have a ****** constructed suit, it's just a ****** suit that sucks that happens to be made of unobtanium. So I guess there is a general rule of thumb, if you recognize the manufacturers tag and it's crafted by a brand that doesn't suck, pick that **** up.

Hey that sounds like this

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This one is trofeo fabric and looks like a lardini tag so I would have picked it up.

I find all the saks brand stuff does poorly unless unique or vintage.

If you're buying it to flip, it still gets you the key word searches.
Yea but what good is your listing coming up for someone who wants a Zegna suit? They click on your listing, see its just clothe, then they leave. I know this because I am that person, I am also that person who ******* hates the fact that Zegna sells their wool so I have to deal with this in my searches. Anyways, it does not increase sales and the exposure isn't benefitting the seller because all they have is a misrepresented product that you don't want. And Zegna does make suits for Saks, like they do with Neiman Marcus, it is just that all of Saks in house suits are made with zegna clothe. So Saks brand sucks, yes, but a new Ermenegildo Zegna Suit for Saks, doesn't.

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey that sounds like this

Jesus, fuckin tri-fecta. Brooks Brothers Golden Fleece Made in Italy By Isaia Napoli using Ermenegildo Zegna Wool. That reaches the max potential of collaborators a suit can have.

s_allen_p

Reaction score
Haven't posted here in probably close to a year, but, I took a work trip to Toronto last week and stumbled in to a shop that had some really good deals. I purchased a pair of Guidi boots in donkey that would have put me back $1130 CAD after taxes for $450 USD; after taxes, sale, and exchange rate. And as I'm typing this, I got a call from someone I recommended the store to who was walking out with a $1600 CAD retail Guidi boots for $400 USD. Everything but their recent Balmain shipment was at least 60%-70% off. In store they had Mister Freedom, Guidi, RO, BBS, MA+, Rocky Mountain Featherbed, SNS Herning...lots of good stuff. Worth checking out if you are in the area.

Here you go:
http://www.theserpentine.net/

Jompso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't posted here in probably close to a year, but, I took a work trip to Toronto last week and stumbled in to a shop that had some really good deals. I purchased a pair of Guidi boots in donkey that would have put me back $1130 CAD after taxes for $450 USD; after taxes, sale, and exchange rate. And as I'm typing this, I got a call from someone I recommended the store to who was walking out with a $1600 CAD retail Guidi boots for $400 USD. Everything but their recent Balmain shipment was at least 60%-70% off. In store they had Mister Freedom, Guidi, RO, BBS, MA+, Rocky Mountain Featherbed, SNS Herning...lots of good stuff. Worth checking out if you are in the area.

Here you go:
http://www.theserpentine.net/

Now only if that link actually went to a fully functioning website, that website had a shop, and said shop had these deals. That's the world I want to live in.

rokor

Reaction score
@s_allen_p Thanks for the tip! I'll be stopping by either later tonight or tomorrow, hopefully bringing home some boots.

s_allen_p

Reaction score

Now only if that link actually went to a fully functioning website, that website had a shop, and said shop had these deals. That's the world I want to live in.

Sorry, I only posted site as reference for locals who might want to check it out. Also realized I made a mistake. $450 was CAD, so boots actually came out to $360 USD after everything.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea but what good is your listing coming up for someone who wants a Zegna suit? They click on your listing, see its just clothe, then they leave. I know this because I am that person, I am also that person who ******* hates the fact that Zegna sells their wool so I have to deal with this in my searches. Anyways, it does not increase sales and the exposure isn't benefitting the seller because all they have is a misrepresented product that you don't want. And Zegna does make suits for Saks, like they do with Neiman Marcus, it is just that all of Saks in house suits are made with zegna clothe. So Saks brand sucks, yes, but a new Ermenegildo Zegna Suit for Saks, doesn't.

My comment was regarding Saks brand, meaning house branded stuff doesn't sell.

As to the fabric, while you may turn away, for others it is definitely a selling point. Look at all the titles featuring Loro Piana fabric. Why is that in so many titles? It raises the hits and the value. Take any BB suit, but make it Loro Piana, Trabaldo Togna or Saxxony and it will sell faster and for more.

Or maybe its just me.

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shout out to Frenchy via BrianP. We had a year long open trade going and he came through in a big way with this completly unstructured, triple patch pocket, blue glen plaid Zegna SC. Thing wears like a lightweight shirt. I can't wait to bust it out. :slayer: :slayer:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll join this wagering if someone wants to put it together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members