• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

classicthrifter

Reaction score

Oh snap! I've been waiting for that to go half off!
butbut.gif
Nice find!

Today was fairly fun. Came across an unexpected 50% off sale with regular prices under $5 anyway... I think I scooped up a bit too many things. The interesting:

Zero King that needs a good cleaning. Otherwise neat. (Another MN Company!)

Starter Jacket.

Fodder.

Last edited:

Cj52racers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^whats with the sjb? Is there good St. John's?

Also, just pulled in back at home after an all day thrifting trip to Chicago. 2 Savers and 6 GWs. Pretty good day overall. Pic dump in the morning time permitting. Awesome stuff today guys. Thriftvader especially, that **** is killer.

And condolences tms...

classicthrifter

Reaction score
^whats with the sjb? Is there good St. John's?

Not so much. I'm intrigued by the chamois cloth. Usually I don't pick it up, but it was made in the U.S.A as well. I've had some SJB wool blend cardigans flip pretty well (also older models). I tend to agree with Nataku. MN seems rather picked over at times. I try to expand my knowledge to picking up near any brand if it is somewhat of a quality piece and has some flip value.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Bro, that is full of swag! But what I'm really drooling over is that Grimlock, Megatron, and that combine Doraemon!!! Can't wait to go thrifting in your neck of the woods, again! I'm soooooooooooooo sick of going through the entire store just to find a tie and a shirt that's worth coping. Don't you have that same SDA trainer?
Erm...... no. My wife took it.
baldy[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

What's thrifting in Japan if you don't stop to admire the Robots............

Can't wait for you and your lady to come back. we got 12 thrifts to check out, each one loaded with swag. your credit cards will suffer... and as a Kicker? choice cuts of steak, straight from the farmer. to a wood fire BBQ.
drool.gif

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beats the hell out of me. I paid $.99 for it at the thrift sto' and put it (with or without airplane stitching) in my closet.

If it's not getting any use ... I cover the logistics industry. My specialty is air cargo.....

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does It appear to everyone that Donald Trump wears cheap ties on the Apprentice?

tben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its a 46L

Polo made in Italy 100% flax…is this a thing?

Nice Canali jacket but needs a seam repair along the bottom.

The tag says 44 so was a little surprised it fit my 42 chest pretty well!
Linen is made from flax. And is that Burberry Made in the USA? It looks like a HSM size tag.

Is it just me or does It appear to everyone that Donald Trump wears cheap ties on the Apprentice?
Probably wears Donald Trump ties.

Letric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He probably wears those "Donald J Trump" ties... Which I see tons of at thrifts. I'm guessing he wears a gigantic Full Windsor knot too... Ugh.

Edit: I once saw an episode of "The Shark Tank" where there was 1 guy who was wearing a really nice printed Zegna tie. Unfortunately, he also had a gaudy-ass gold pin stuck right through the center of it... Ruining the tie no doubt.
facepalm.gif

Last edited:

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First stop
VV, scotch & soda

Aquascutum made in Britain knit sweater

10th anniversary Levi's engineered cinch back jeans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads