• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

you can't thrift beach towels in florida? How dare you besmirch this thread with this full price blasphemy.

You're just jealous you missed chicken and waffles

Takai

Reaction score
I was so pissed when I was in ATL that the place I wanted to go to for Chicken and Waffles was apparently closed for renovations or some such.

ReubenR

Reaction score
I have that Super 180 suit, the wool on it is so insanely, ridiculously fine (hence the girth measurement of wool fibers being 14 micron) but so ******* silky. It's weird, the finer the wool the more durable it is and the stronger the wool fibers are, but when wearing it, you inherently and instinctively act in accordance to the situation being the polar opposite, due to its hand and weight. Acting like the finest touch will shatter the thing and that your breaking some bones if someone lays hands on you.

I think you're wrong here, man. Everything I've read says that the finer the wool, the less durable the fabric. In fact, that's why workhorse staples shouldn't be too fine if you're wearing them regularly as they'll wear out too quickly.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was so pissed when I was in ATL that the place I wanted to go to for Chicken and Waffles was apparently closed for renovations or some such.

The next time that you are down this way, I will have to carry you to Yo' Mama's. Best chicken and Belgian waffles I have had the pleasure of eating (and homemade syrup)!

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you're wrong here, man. Everything I've read says that the finer the wool, the less durable the fabric. In fact, that's why workhorse staples shouldn't be too fine if you're wearing them regularly as they'll wear out too quickly.
This is my understanding as well. The higher the number (i.e. finer the wool strand) the more likely that that suit should be used for special occasions only. A good business suit should be around 120s.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is my understanding as well. The higher the number (i.e. finer the wool strand) the more likely that that suit should be used for special occasions only. A good business suit should be around 120s.

Plus one.

If the finer wool was more durable, workwear would be made from it rather than thicker fabric.

Takai

Reaction score
The next time that you are down this way, I will have to carry you to Yo' Mama's. Best chicken and Belgian waffles I have had the pleasure of eating (and homemade syrup)!
Hopefully once I can get some of this backlog converted to stackable green I will be taking a few more trips down your way, and that just sounds fantastic.

Had to go out today and pick up this little guy for someone

Then stopped by the thrift across from the zoo, and found

Two mint cotton Oxxford SCable orphans in a 42L Wasnt feeling like buying anything, but if anyone wants them get at me and I'll go pick them up.

Then came across this unfortunate name.

And from friday's thrift adventures

This is the good stuff, right? Fabric feels almost like Sashiko. 38/39R FF Trou Available

Also this lil guy

Oh Hai

These are a personal grail find for me.

Ferragamo lavorazione originale, finally a pair of ferragamos that fit. N/A

Also stoked that I tried on the pink brioni I found, and it fits really damn well, even in the sleeves.

Oh, and I found one of these sitting in an underground lot

Thing looks like it's been sitting there for months, the interior is cherry mint though Mmmm...

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

330ck is a cool dude and I had a blast hanging today.

We both got told we dressed like Europeans at an Italian cafe and then i just got told i looked like a j crew model while trying to buy a beach towel.

I think i like Florida.

Should I just stay home tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads