• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FENWAY

Reaction score
On the coldest day of the year in my area nice to find this old school Orange Bowl sport coat to warm me up

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, this is not really a thrift store or a discount store, but screw it....it was a good deal.

Some of you may remember my mega haul from Richmond VA last year. 750 ties, 80+ pairs of shoes, 175 shirts and a bunch of belts. Well, I have kept in contact on occasion with the lady in hopes that she will think of me when she gets more of her uncles things out of his vacant house.

Sunday night she sent me a picture of some wallets she wanted to offer me, saying some were key wallets and some regular, more were not pictured.

Here's the pic she sent, no details were provided.

Here are some of what showed up today, another dozen or so did not make the cut.

Bally Caiman

Bally Caiman Key wallet, presumably a set with the one above base on color and condition.

Neiman Marcus Croc

Unsigned Eelskin

Unsigned Eelskin again

Montblanc

Bally Brown

Brooks Brothers Black

Bally Black

Bosca Brown

Gary's Buffalo Card Wallet

Bosca Brown Card

Bosca Black Card

Vintage Buxton 2 Key

Cole Haan Leather Weave Bilfold

Vintage Sarti

Brown Eelskin

Vintage Peruzzi

Vintage Pierre Cardin Set

Last edited:

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick stop before class today, some one hid this in the women's coats, glad I found it. :D

Full suit, dual vent, 2 btn, reverse pleats, cuffed pants.

costanaconda

Reaction score
Some from today.
Eddie Bauer Gore Tex shell XL

PRL:

RLPL:

Ferrell Reed Nice foulard:

Izod Lacoste XL:

Inis for me:

BB Linen/cotton M:

eBay fodder:

Unlabeled made in England silk braces:

Polo University Club Glen Plaid 38:

And a fit:
Awesome wool cardigan (thrifted)
Levi's 501s for BB USA (heavily discounted)
Garbage but comfy slip-ons (thrifted)

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a pretty decent day today. Picked up lots of stuff for the bay (cheap FF Bills Khakis to lot up, La Martina button down, etc). No pics of that stuff but here's some stuff you guys might care about.

Sorry for the awful pics. Sun went down and my camera flash is a PITA to use so I did the best I could.

NWT LVC 1920's cords.

Recent Oxxford orphan :( Solid navy and side vents so I grabbed it thinking someone might want to sew on some brass buttons and turn it into a blazer.

Cool Jil Sander charcoal fleck women's jacket. Belted back. Tab collar. Neat front pocket styling. Eu 38.

Probably gonna return this unless someone wants it for cost + gas + shipping. Regent Hand tailored lightweight wool charcoal overcoat. Spring weight. Gorgeous pick stitching and horn buttons. Size Eu 52. Fits big, more like a US 46. Measures 28" pit to pit.

And I also found this neat jacket. N/A

Neat details. Zip cuffs and sides.

Supple leather trim and upper back lining.

Oh, hello!

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ReubenR

Reaction score
Recent Oxxford orphan
frown.gif
Solid navy and side vents so I grabbed it thinking someone might want to sew on some brass buttons and turn it into a blazer.

If you or whoever ends up buying this needs some buttons to swap onto this, let me know. I've got a full set (2 front, 3 sleeve) of the four-hole brass buttons Oxxford seems to like to use on blazers and a full set (2/3 also) of generic crest waterbury buttons. The waterbury buttons are the nicest I've seen from them but some deluded fool put them on a 3/2 Presstige sack so they had to be replaced.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
icon_gu_b_slayer%5B1%5D.gif
That stings.
First time thrifting in a while; picked this up today--a flawless Icer coat.
You have a PM, and all other PMs that you may have received before mine just PM'd me and told me they were kidding, so you can just delete.
So, this is not really a thrift store or a discount store, but screw it....it was a good deal. Some of you may remember my mega haul from Richmond VA last year. 750 ties, 80+ pairs of shoes, 175 shirts and a bunch of belts. Well, I have kept in contact on occasion with the lady in hopes that she will think of me when she gets more of her uncles things out of his vacant house. Sunday night she sent me a picture of some wallets she wanted to offer me, saying some were key wallets and some regular, more were not pictured. Here's the pic she sent, no details were provided.
Here are some of what showed up today, another dozen or so did not make the cut. Bally Caiman Bally Caiman Key wallet, presumably a set with the one above base on color and condition. Neiman Marcus Croc Unsigned Eelskin Unsigned Eelskin again Montblanc Bally Brown Brooks Brothers Black Bally Black Bosca Brown Gary's Buffalo Card Wallet Bosca Brown Card Bosca Black Card Vintage Buxton 2 Key Cole Haan Leather Weave Bilfold Vintage Sarti Brown Eelskin Vintage Peruzzi Vintage Pierre Cardin Set
I think Ive beaten up and used maybe 5, 6 wallets in my life. How the F does this guy (did) go through that many?
Had a pretty decent day today. Picked up lots of stuff for the bay (cheap FF Bills Khakis to lot up, La Martina button down, etc). No pics of that stuff but here's some stuff you guys might care about. Sorry for the awful pics. Sun went down and my camera flash is a PITA to use so I did the best I could.
NWT LVC 1920's cords.
Recent Oxxford orphan :( Solid navy and side vents so I grabbed it thinking someone might want to sew on some brass buttons and turn it into a blazer.
Cool Jil Sander charcoal fleck women's jacket. Belted back. Tab collar. Neat front pocket styling. Eu 38.
Probably gonna return this unless someone wants it for cost + gas + shipping. Regent Hand tailored lightweight wool charcoal overcoat. Spring weight. Gorgeous pick stitching and horn buttons. Size Eu 52. Fits big, more like a US 46. Measures 28" pit to pit.
And I also found this neat jacket. N/A
Neat details. Zip cuffs and sides.
Supple leather trim and upper back lining.
Oh, hello!
WHAT THE F!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads