• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm not an expert but it looks real to me.

Anyhow, my wife and I decided to go see a late night showing of Big Hero 6. By the way, it was ******* awesome! 
Anyhow, got out of the showing around mid-night and we decided to get some chow. The only place was open was Denny's. Got there, sat down, started talking. 2 assholes who were seated behind her started mocking us. I was so annoyed I was thinking about stabbing one of those **** head with a fork. I had to cool myself down. We decided to move tables but I still kept a close eye on them. Good thing I'm usually level headed but some people I know would have viewed that as disrespect and they would have gotten an ass beating or worse. ****, we are never staying out this late, again. lolz

KUDOS!

ocooney

Reaction score

Same here. What with you, Ocoony and Mainy posting in the same week, it's like the good ol' times again. :nodding:

I want to give a heads up to my secret Santa recipient. This is the last week before all my big projects for school are due and as such, I've had exactly zero free time for anything other than working on those, so I apologize, but my package is going to be a little late. :foo:

Thanks guys....now we just need Klobber to post about how he clears the aisles.

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had the most amazing dream. Was in a huge Goodwill and kept finding pair after pair of NWOB Allen Edmonds, must have grabbed 20-30 pair, cart was overflowing. I was already planning my kitchen remodel with this wealth of riches. Then my wife walked up and wanted to show me the tie haul she picked up while I was ransacking shoes...

And she started to hand me polyester clip-on ties. My brain, trying to process this twisted turn of events, realized something was terribly wrong. Then I woke up and discovered I had overslept by an hour.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how ingrained this addiction gets.

My wife and were watching Sherlock (Season Two, Episode 1), and I blurted out, "I know what brand Watson's coat is!" The zipper pull gave it away. Sherlock has nothing on us.

Lolz, I'm having a brain fart. What brand was it?

Barbour, of course!

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Minty Zegna olive windowpane 15 milmil 15 44 R

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Barbour, of course!
Wow. You're totally right how that gets ingrained in your brain. My first thought was "Obviously that's Barbour. Everyone knows that." and then I realized that I would not have known that a couple years ago and I'm 99% sure that very few, if any, of my friends i see regularly (aside from ilikethelights) would have any idea.

acosbysweater

Reaction score
I'm more interested in Panache Cyclewear, if only because my wife's new team is partially sponsored by them. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them during their Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale.

I'll give a second for Panache. Great fit, durability, and the patterns each season are on point. Really nice people run the joint as well.

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one was just begging for a fit pic... Vintage Gerry.

Last edited:

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of vintage military gear, I went back home for thanksgiving and my dad, who collects vintage military pieces, said he had an army coat for me. He pulls this out and tells me the guy he got it from was originally supposed to be sent to Alaska, but at the last minute he got shipped to Texas, but not before he already collected his cold weather gear. So this has basically been sitting in a box for the last 60 years. It doesn't appear to have ever been worn.

Hoofit

Reaction score
I found this last week. The thing weighs a ton. N/A already listed

Been had me some Cable Car & Burberry

And these Made in USA from the GAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads