• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I read this, Skeet Neckwear, that's a brand name right there. So, you can just wear a skeet rag around your neck? How convenient.

Killed at NMLC today. Couldn't believe the discount, cleaned them out of the best of the best. Huge shout out to my rep there for pointing me in the right direction, and telling me that, despite what the sign said, they were actually 60% off, not 30%.
Thinking of using the proceeds from the others to justify keeping the Kitty.

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rare bowtie haul... Alabama thrifts don't give up a lot of bows. Especially NWT.

Beau Ties Ltd of Vermont x 9

Brooks Brothers x 4

Ike Behar x 2 / Ted Baker x 2

Randomore

Reaction score
Couple of pickups after work.

Nicest BB I've ever seen. Fitzgerald. Maybe avail.

I mentioned this one before I think. Forgot about it and saw it in my car. FSC. Baby Alpaca Cardi in a boss deep blue color. Maaaaybe avail.

A couple shirts. Not avail. Taylor Stitch. Naked and Famous and Everlane.

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any was to age determine this schott jacket? Its my size but I look like such a doochebag in it:(

Damnit, iPad camera sux....

If you send the info to Schott, they'll tell you. takes them about a day.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Omg. Wes!

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's awesome. They went bankrupt and they he sold it in 2012 I think. These were Joey's. Somebody's kid. 

Joey is Jay's son. They are the side of the family that runs (and owns a big chunk of) DSW and American Eagle. I seem to remember someone else finding some of Jay Schottenstein's stuff at a Cbus thrift a while back.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question... Having trouble uploading pics but yesterday I saw a double breasted gucci blazer whic I'm pretty sure is from the 70s, 12 monogram gold buttons, signature lining. Mint. $50. Pass? Or should I o back tomorrow and pick it up?

eazye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EAZYE

YOU ARE THE MOST RIGHTEOUS, MOST AMAZABALLS DUDE EVER!

:slayer:

Grail achieved.

I'm glad to have been able to make that happen, and a good deal for both of us. :nodding: Of course I must request a fit pic at your earliest convenience. ;)

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
WHAT WAS THE TRADE YOU GAIZ?

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wife and I thrifted two tickets to the IMAX showing of Interstellar tonight (passes from AMC that were a gift for donating blood, as I recall). Stellar (interstellar?) flick... Go see it if you haven't.

edwardthefirst

Reaction score
The wife and I thrifted two tickets to the IMAX showing of Interstellar tonight (passes from AMC that were a gift for donating blood, as I recall). Stellar (interstellar?) flick... Go see it if you haven't.
Haha I just got back from Interstellar in IMAX. I agree, absolutely fantastic. Anyways, college has done away with my thrifting for the most part. So I've mostly been lurking here... Christmas break is coming fast, however. I already have several trips planned. Hopefully I'll be back here in a couple of weeks with some cool stuff to post.

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
That N1 Deck Jacket is sick! Real fur?

Well there no materials tag, but I think it is yes. Found it cheap on a fleamarket, saw it from afar, ran to it, spent my last money on it, walked home happy. Second time I find wwII stuff in my lil hometown in Sweden...

^^ That ww2 Deck Jacket? Trumps ANY Vicuna Kiton MOP buttoned,silk lapeled morning suit. you will ever find.
Noobs take note. The Dark lord of "The Thrift" has deemed this as MORE than worthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads