• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oxblood leather I picked up the other day. Interesting story, it was two local dudes who made this jacket as well as a handful of others before they decided to part ways sometime last year. Brown, ended up passing a few of them off to a local consignment shop. I had been watching this for months, originally priced at $500, it finally made it to 75% off, plus I had a 20% coupon. So a good deal all around, as quality and construction are top notch and leather is glove soft. Sadly it looks like I'll have to wait a few months to wear it, due to the temps around here.

Unrelated, but I started work on my final project for my draping class......all 56 pieces of it.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

And cross post from the SW&D WAYWT
Vintage RAF shearling bomber from Leaf&Arrow
Vintage B&L Wayfarers (eBay)
Oliver Rayn shirt (thrift)
Military surplus wool hat.

Love both jackets

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've received 5-6 PMs about dates for the gift exchange, so I apologize for not posting reminders throughout the month! Gifts sent within the US must be sent by 1 December. Gifts sent outside the US (from or to an "abroad" destination) must be sent by 26 November.

When you receive your gift, you may open it or wait for a relevant holiday. What I do ask is that you take a quick photo and post it with a note of thanks to the person that sent it. It's really fun to see what everyone receives.

As soon as the SF charity drive opens, I'll be making our donation from the money collected. Maybe @LA Guy can tell us when StyleForum will open up the charity auction/drive?

Here is the original message spoilered:
Hey,

Great to hear from you guys. We are going to start th auctions immediately after Thanksgiving, so, Oct 28. I am just getting in promises of donations from vendors now.

Thanks for wanting to be part of this. Last year, we raised over $16K for the Ronald McDonald House, and it would be great to beat that this year, as we have, year afer year, for three years running now.

Cheers,

Fok.

Garasaki

Reaction score
Early winter thrift fit.

MUCH love to hbkskin for the SC which I love although it's not a perfect fit hin the shoulders, and Spoo for the ethrifted PS. Older ethrifted BB BD collar shirt.

excuse the poor photography skillz

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Hey,

Great to hear from you guys.  We are going to start th auctions immediately after Thanksgiving, so, Oct 28.  I am just getting in promises of donations from vendors now.

Thanks for wanting to be part of this.  Last year, we raised over $16K for the Ronald McDonald House, and it would be great to beat that this year, as we have, year afer year, for three years running now.

Cheers,

Fok.

Great to know! I am always excited to see the auctions, the vendors are incredibly generous in their donations. For everyone's information, we collected $280 for the Ronald McDonald House. I'm pretty impressed and big thanks to those that donated more than asked. At least 4 times/year, I'm reminded how generous this thread can be.

I'll post the receipt as soon as I make the donation.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of pops in there.

Womens:

wimminz XL

Purses, I'm thinking these are fake after looking at them closer. Now I remember why I don't pick this stuff up lolol.

Mens stuff:

Awesome BR jacket, fits more like a medium though. 100% wool

Hugo Boss silk shirt L

Napoli Couture pop

2nd time ever finding a suit in 36R, anyone recognize this tag? says GMF S.p.A. which I think is a maker.

Some wool ties gun check is N/A

Stefano Ricci x2 pops, and Charvet pop

Can't decide if I like this one or not.

Love finding SF affiliate stuff. Taylor Stitch, fits me. (I need to replace some buttons though)

As Spoo one said "is this the Hilfiger I'm looking for?"

Pop

APC jeans are a pop (found a shirt before but doesn't count in my mind

Previously mentioned Red Wing Iron Rangers 11D

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Schmidt. Are you in Canada right now? That haul feels so canadian(so similar to the things I find)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads