• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UH! MAIZE! ING!

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Every poster should be required to thumbs up that post. Years down the road, we can use it as a test to see if new people actually read the whole thread or if they're lying.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ummmmmm I'm going back. I couldn't think straight after the brioni.
Isaia dress shirt, pendleton flanel pearl buttons, zegna cotton/tencel crew neck, Paul smith polo

dukedishin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Insane find on the Bioni vicuna. Congrats @kbadgley84 !

leftrightvsp

Reaction score
Greetings all. I stumbled up this thread about a week ago while searching for some info on a vintage coat i found Immediately knew that i had to sign up and begin contributing. I spent some time reading past posts and it would seem that there are a lot of new people of late, however, i would like to make it clear i am new to this thread, not thrifting! I've been doing this for years though not with the intention to flip. i tried using ebay a while back and couldn't stand dealing with some of morons out there... i try to only pick up stuff for myself and the lady friend however i cant always resist. i have quite a bit of stuff i'd be willing to trade with people as it appears this is quite popular here. i also have some recent brags from the past month or so! ill begin with the brags and then show some stuff some on here might be interested in! i think you will find the quality to be up to thread standards, which are very high i might add!

recent brags. not pictured are a lot of BB, Charles tyrwhitt,Thomas pink and others shirts along with Bananna republic and j crew type pants and the like.

filson like woolrich. didnt know i wanted a red one until i put this on...

ties from the last month or so. i've become very picky about them... did some quick math and im pretty sure i have near 300 in same quality. not including the ones posted later that i need to get rid of. thinking of one of the consigners on here if nobody else is interested.

Velvet front and tartan blackwatch type backed vest? in my size ill take it, never know when i may need it,

not sure where the label pic is but this is like new L.L. bean aran fishermans sweater made in ireland. fits like a glove.

Gokeys weekender. perfectly seasoned.

marmot rain pants. have been looking for a while for a pair that fit.

Vilebrequin swim trunks. XXL but somehow fit me... just a tad baggy, might be willing to let go off...

polo embroidered lobster swim trunks. love these.

some amazing wool trousers from Britches of Georgetown. heavy. Triple pleated (dont usually wear pleats but these i will wear after i get the legs slimmed and trimmed) they are far and away the nicest britches ive ever seen. top quality.

J. Crew tweed. red under collar, throat latch. dont usually pick up j. crew unless its pants but this was nice. might be a little big in the shoulders, could be available. Edit: not sure what happened to the other pics. made by Moon? i can post more if someone wants them

trickers loafers

Ferragamo suede cap toes. just the right size to be worn sans socks. with vibram soles

florsheim longwing shells. brown instead of burgundy, love these. V-Cleat, not too much wear.

Stefano Branchini. not exactly my style but im willing to give them a shot

Cheaney Suede chukkas with gum soles. NWB when i got them for 12$. already worn a couple times

Tumi brief. replaced my ragged one very nicely.

thus concludes the pics of my finds from the past month or so for me. I wasnt able tophotography a Barbour Bedale, and Arc'Teryx Beta AR because they are currently at my lady friends apartment. Also missing are 3 suits, all being altered. 1 BBGF heavy wool charcoal pinstripes, 1 Stile Latino brown windowpane, made by Attolini I think (though i could be wrong...) and one BB 1818 saxony in black, which i have been needing.

Now for the stuff i have and need to get rid of. if you are interested let me know, and maybe we can work something out. if not, its going to a consigner. though i have no idea how ill get it all there as there is still more than what i have pictured...

the coat i was researching when i came upon this forum. perfect condition except for a small slice on the back. clean cut, maybe half an inch. didnt even notice it in the store. has got to be reparable as there are no loose threads or ripping, a clean surgeons like cut. ENTIRELY hand made. unbelievable. shame its too big on me. no idea what this is worth, but its all hand stitched. wool

Zegna 100% cashmere

dont usually pick up nordstrom cashmere but this was practically being given away. along with another one. 100% loro piana cashmere

Canali 50% silk 50% cashmere, great textured brown

Another missing photo, ugh. ill figure this out eventually.100% cashmere Loro Piana overcoat. charcoal. has one very small moth? whole on the back. no other issues that i could find. the picture shows it. ill get a full image to anyone if their intested, i know its somewhere along with the J. Crew full image...

Vineyard vines 100% cashmere cable knit. large.

LBCS wool. loved the color and couldn't leave it behind for next to nothing

the other nordstrom 100% loro piana cashmere jacket they were almost giving away a couple weeks ago.

NWT big guys Peter Millar. Bad ass pattern. id kill to have a nice coat in this pattern and color.

Gucci double monk boots.

gucci horse bit loafers

Florsheim longwing shells. some odd patena on these, i really liked it and can wear them with two pairs of socks but... not worth it

genuine croc.

Lots of ties i dont wear anymore and need to get rid of.

grenadine T&A on the left i believe...

seven fold pink and red stripe. attolini on the right

seven fold CT on left

VV scarf. also have a Chanel and a couple hermes around somewhere. gotta find them.

Borrelli X3

RG X4

Brioni X2

RLPL X3

New SF

so if your interested in any of this stuff let me know. i realize im new and people might not trust me with trades or anything but id be more than happy to ship first and let you be the judge if that makes you more comfortable. always looking for some cool stuff! otherwise its going to a consigner, so let me know before shipping it off.

also, best bets on consigners?

now that i know about this i will be picking up some of the nice stuff i see if tradesor deals can be made with good people. FYI i left a 40r canali tux in midnight blue and a 40r BB tux in black last night so if someone wants them i can swing by and see if their available still.

thanks for this great thread, hope my contributions make the cut! the standards are high here

Last edited:

DanM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Greetings all. I stumbled up this thread about a week ago while searching for some info on a vintage coat i found Immediately knew that i had to sign up and begin contributing. I spent some time reading past posts and it would seem that there are a lot of new people of late, however, i would like to make it clear i am new to this thread, not thrifting! I've been doing this for years though not with the intention to flip. i tried using ebay a while back and couldn't stand dealing with some of morons out there... i try to only pick up stuff for myself and the lady friend however i cant always resist. i have quite a bit of stuff i'd be willing to trade with people as it appears this is quite popular here. i also have some recent brags from the past month or so! ill begin with the brags and then show some stuff some on here might be interested in! i think you will find the quality to be up to thread standards, which are very high i might add! recent brags. not pictured are a lot of BB, Charles tyrwhitt,Thomas pink and others shirts along with Bananna republic and j crew type pants and the like.
filson like woolrich. didnt know i wanted a red one until i put this on... [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] ties from the last month or so. i've become very picky about them... did some quick math and im pretty sure i have near 300 in same quality. not including the ones posted later that i need to get rid of. thinking of one of the consigners on here if nobody else is interested. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Velvet front and tartan blackwatch type backed vest? in my size ill take it, never know when i may need it, [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] not sure where the label pic is but this is like new L.L. bean aran fishermans sweater made in ireland. fits like a glove. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Gokeys weekender. perfectly seasoned. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] marmot rain pants. have been looking for a while for a pair that fit. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Vilebrequin swim trunks. XXL but somehow fit me... just a tad baggy, might be willing to let go off... [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] polo embroidered lobster swim trunks. love these. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] some amazing wool trousers from Britches of Georgetown. heavy. Triple pleated (dont usually wear pleats but these i will wear after i get the legs slimmed and trimmed) they are far and away the nicest britches ive ever seen. top quality. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] J. Crew tweed. red under collar, throat latch. dont usually pick up j. crew unless its pants but this was nice. might be a little big in the shoulders, could be available. Edit: not sure what happened to the other pics. made by Moon? i can post more if someone wants them [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] trickers loafers [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Ferragamo suede cap toes. just the right size to be worn sans socks. with vibram soles [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] florsheim longwing shells. brown instead of burgundy, love these. V-Cleat, not too much wear. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Stefano Branchini. not exactly my style but im willing to give them a shot [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Cheaney Suede chukkas with gum soles. NWB when i got them for 12$. already worn a couple times [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Tumi brief. replaced my ragged one very nicely. [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] thus concludes the pics of my finds from the past month or so for me. I wasnt able tophotography a Barbour Bedale, and Arc'Teryx Beta AR because they are currently at my lady friends apartment. Also missing are 3 suits, all being altered. 1 BBGF heavy wool charcoal pinstripes, 1 Stile Latino brown windowpane, made by Attolini I think (though i could be wrong...) and one BB 1818 saxony in black, which i have been needing.
Now for the stuff i have and need to get rid of. if you are interested let me know, and maybe we can work something out. if not, its going to a consigner. though i have no idea how ill get it all there as there is still more than what i have pictured...
the coat i was researching when i came upon this forum. perfect condition except for a small slice on the back. clean cut, maybe half an inch. didnt even notice it in the store. has got to be reparable as there are no loose threads or ripping, a clean surgeons like cut. ENTIRELY hand made. unbelievable. shame its too big on me. no idea what this is worth, but its all hand stitched. wool [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] [COLOR=A74345] [/COLOR] Zegna 100% cashmere dont usually pick up nordstrom cashmere but this was practically being given away. along with another one. 100% loro piana cashmere Canali 50% silk 50% cashmere, great textured brown Another missing photo, ugh. ill figure this out eventually.100% cashmere Loro Piana overcoat. charcoal. has one very small moth? whole on the back. no other issues that i could find. the picture shows it. ill get a full image to anyone if their intested, i know its somewhere along with the J. Crew full image... Vineyard vines 100% cashmere cable knit. large. LBCS wool. loved the color and couldn't leave it behind for next to nothing the other nordstrom 100% loro piana cashmere jacket they were almost giving away a couple weeks ago. NWT big guys Peter Millar. Bad ass pattern. id kill to have a nice coat in this pattern and color. Gucci double monk boots. gucci horse bit loafers Florsheim longwing shells. some odd patena on these, i really liked it and can wear them with two pairs of socks but... not worth it genuine croc. Lots of ties i dont wear anymore and need to get rid of. grenadine T&A on the left i believe... seven fold pink and red stripe. attolini on the right seven fold CT on left VV scarf. also have a Chanel and a couple hermes around somewhere. gotta find them. Borrelli X3 RG X4 Brioni X2 RLPL X3 New SF so if your interested in any of this stuff let me know. i realize im new and people might not trust me with trades or anything but id be more than happy to ship first and let you be the judge if that makes you more comfortable. always looking for some cool stuff! otherwise its going to a consigner, so let me know before shipping it off. also, best bets on consigners?
now that i know about this i will be picking up some of the nice stuff i see if tradesor deals can be made with good people. FYI i left a 40r canali tux in midnight blue and a 40r BB tux in black last night so if someone wants them i can swing by and see if their available still. thanks for this great thread, hope my contributions make the cut! the standards are high here
Sweet Jeebus! That's an amazing start on the thread! Between that and the vicuna just posted I may have to give up at this completely, you guys are killing it out there!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow! Don't remember seeing Caraceni here before. And for Les Wexner, too! Amazing. I'm a little surprised it turned up in Chicago and not in Columbus, as that's where Limited's HQ and Wexner's house are. Suppose it makes sense he'd have a Chicago place too, though.

Any Columbus thrifters ever find any of his other stuff?
I been had Caraceni

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the past there has been mention of reweavers. I thought I'd share these photos (before and after) of the reweaving performed by Fabric Reweavers USA. Their customer service was outstanding and I'm very happy with the result. Three holes invisibly repaired for $120.

rms340

Reaction score
I guess I've been reading/lurking on this thread too much. Last night I had a dream I stopped in at a random thrift store and hit the jackpot for personal thrifts. There was a rack of solid navy blue ties (my personal favorite) - grenadines, pure silk, shantung, crunchy knit. Then beside that, another rack full of neats, all were priced at <$1. Then I kept walking around the store and kept finding stuff that fits me, dress shirts, suits, sport coats, etc. I'm already a hard size to find so I was just in awe of everything I was finding. Then I found a pair of brand new black Nike Roshe's (something I've been looking for recently). It was freaking amazing. Then this morning I woke up and I was so happy for some reason, then I realized it was because of my dream, and then I realized it was only a dream. FML.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads