• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpecialK2k12

Reaction score
That is a wad blowing thrift!!! Is it for you or for the bay?

Here's an interesting question, what is everyone's most expensive retail thrifted piece?
Those 2 Brioni Super 250s Suits I found are definitely mine.

Couple of things for the last little bit. It needs to hurry up and get cold and rainy here. PM me for deets, both available.

txwoodworker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're a 9.5D, sorry man! I was surprised at how comfortable they are though, noticeably more comfortable than the regular gunboats they did.
No worries. They are super comfy, should probably look on the bay for them, but they're not SUPER well built, so used might be meh.

Those wingtip boots are
drool.gif

--
Dropped a tie off at TieCrafters. He had this NWOT Chipp2 for cheap.
Scott barber moleskin cotton PP, same deal.

Love that

That is a wad blowing thrift!!! Is it for you or for the bay?

Here's an interesting question, what is everyone's most expensive retail thrifted piece?
Does it have to be one item? 3x $5-6k Brioni Cashmere SCs sitting on the rack next to one another.

kbadgley84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick after work thrift.

Top 3 I guess would be:
1. Brioni silk/cashmere blazer
2. RLPL linen blazer
3. Louis Vuitton keepall 50

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 15 recent Isaia, Zegna, Corneliani, etc., suits and jackets at one stop. Gave them to my dad, who still wears them weekly—still scoring points for that one
smile.gif

Does it have to be one item? 3x $5-6k Brioni Cashmere SCs sitting on the rack next to one another.

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Top 3 in no order:

LP Horsey Coat
Kiton Cashmere SC
An entire wardrobe of Oxxford suits from the last 40 years.

And Rich, this tie sucks so much you should probably just send it to me so you won't have to deal with it anymore.
happy.gif

Styleforum…I am ready to be disappointed with your evaluation of this Polo tie…

richnet12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Koala...I actually like the sound of that! Hoping it was finally a grenadine find....

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Im drawing a blank on the #1 high priced thing I thrifted. Wow. I thought that would be an easy question.

Word. But I've been thrifting since in the womb, so it's a long time to think through.

Right now I think the crown goes to a set of Bang & Olufsen speakers I found with my dad when I was 5 or 6. Still remember that day. It was at a Salvation Army, and we took them home in his late '70s International Scout II. Still have that set of speakers, too.

NeedForTweed123

Reaction score
I bought these Polo Ralph Lauren Blue Label Made in Italy "flannels" off of eBay. According to information I received elsewhere on the forum, they are threadbare. The seller offered a full refund, so my question is, should I return these pants or are they simply not flannels as I initially thought?

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some unfortunate passes in the back corner of the basement of an antique store. Lighting was really bad and so are the pictures I took.

Pure silk triple patch pocket Oxxford. Pink AF. Stained and $45, so I couldn't do it.

This was tagged "50's/60's Pinstripe Suit $89.99"

Velvet Blazer made by Sak's in France. Wish this picture wasn't blurry, because the pattern was pretty neat. Couldn't do it at $65.

I was okay with bringing these home at $38.

Despite that strange wrinkle looking thing, these are shell. I actually found these exact same shoes in a different size the last time I was there a few months ago.

Also, those shoe bags weren't from that store, but I knew when I bought them a few months ago at goodwill that they could make an auction look better.

Last edited:

Nataku

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, most expensive find? Well I'm not sure what retail was on them when new but they sure sold for way more than anything else I've ever sold ($2,800). I kept them for 5-6 years but honestly didn't hear any difference between these and my Boston Acoustics VR-M60s that I thrifted for $20 and could not justify having $3,000 speakers hanging around when a baby was looming on the horizon.

Blast from the past quote from the day I found them.November 2006.

Swung by the Goodwill after work today - picked up some good stuff.

- Thomas Pink shirt (blue with green check) 16.5 34/35

- Tailor and Son Sportswear sweater...gourgeous red with tan/brown argyle (Made in Italy) Anyone ever heard of this name?

- Alea white/blue check shirt (size 41)

- four cream Corneliani shirts, all NWT (size 39, but fit me)

- Edri Pisano lime green/pink dress shirt. STUNNING shirt (size 16)

- Joseph's Cloak brown with light blue stripes, french cuff (size 41)

All shirts were $4.99

- Tan 3 button wool blazer by Satoria Battisti (below the name is says Albiate -mi- Italia) Anyone heard of this name? Very high quality blazer with hand picking and gorgeous gold silk lining. $8.99

Also picked up a pair of Rogers LS 3/5a studio monitors for $3.99 a piece. Sound AMAZING. The guy obviously took great care of these. Snagged a few lps as well for .99 a piece. All VG+ to NM They were:

- Niel Merryweather, John Richardson and Boers self-titled. Awesome psych lp

- Niel Merryweather - Kryptonite

- Uriah Heep - self-titled

- Deep Purple - Shades of Deep Purple

Hopin for a day just as good tomorrow!

Last edited:

staxringold

Reaction score
Actually bought something thrifting for the first time in a while. Snagged an LL Bean shirt I'd actually been looking at new along with a Chipp X-mas tie (navy with the reindeer names in red). I realized that had been missing from my collection last December.

Buuuut... There was a Paul Stuart unlined suit that fit me like a glove... With a giant cigarette burn in the elbow. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads