• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gucci loafers, they don't fit so im selling em for cheap.

Anyone see denim cortez before? they seem to be pretty rare.

Frazetta tee from 1980, limited edition levis tee and a dunhill belt.
I found a ton of vintage tee shirts, funny thing about those is they seem to have more demand and value than a lot of the tailored shirts people go crazy for on here and they are just crappy old t shirts.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would have to be taken in a bit, but what's chopped away would be used to re-weave the little bits of damage. Tailor is not a problem. The best part of living in the New Yorker's ideal retirement destination is that the best of what NYC has to offer ends up here. I believe he used to work with Kabbaz, and has been mentioned on SF countless times as one of America's best tailors.

I'd imagine after tailoring and re weaving, I'd be in close to $500, but I only paid $30 for it, and it would likely look like new, so that's a win right?

Fabric Reweavers USA is down thatta-way as well...I used them for something and it came back with an invisible repair - I knew where the damage had been and there was zero evidence of it when I got it back. YMMV, especially on something like that robe, but I cannot speak highly enough about the work they did for me. Nice folks, too.

Ds13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the mention! The fit is spot on for me except the fcuking trousers are too short! 

:fu:

You should mention that it's a 36R! Much more views = higher return because of the rarity of quality stuff in that size.

Last edited:

Yorker

Reaction score
I know this is probably sacrilege, but I say go for it. That thing is meant to be enjoyed. Two questions though. One, how much would it need to be chopped down? And two, do you trust your tailor to do a competent job.
That thing looks like it belongs in a museum. I'd be in a tough state altering it, but I probably would if I had a good tailor to do it.

Last edited:

mortgagebank

Reaction score
For $39 I couldn't walk away from this. Visvim, NWT, Giza cotton hooded zip-up. Originally $1,075. Who in their right mind would pay $1,075 for a cotton sweatshirt?

Last edited:

Yorker

Reaction score
It would have to be taken in a bit, but what's chopped away would be used to re-weave the little bits of damage. Tailor is not a problem. The best part of living in the New Yorker's ideal retirement destination is that the best of what NYC has to offer ends up here. I believe he used to work with Kabbaz, and has been mentioned on SF countless times as one of America's best tailors.

I'd imagine after tailoring and re weaving, I'd be in close to $500, but I only paid $30 for it, and it would likely look like new, so that's a win right?
if you've got the money to throw at it, I'd say go for it.

or sell it to me.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You should mention that it's a 36R! Much more views = higher return because of the rarity of quality stuff in that size.

...and list it as a 36 in the item details - supposed to list the US sizing there, not the Italian size...but it already has bids - hope they realize it's a US 36 and you don't get a return.

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tenor--unless the aforementioned Mark VI--is all yours. I'm content with my Series III. Sorry to hear you had to sell yours, though. I only ever see student level instruments otherwise id offer to hook you up.
In a moment of BABY MORTGAGE LIFE money panic, I considered parting with my VI.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Fabric Reweavers USA is down thatta-way as well...I used them for something and it came back with an invisible repair - I knew where the damage had been and there was zero evidence of it when I got it back.  YMMV, especially on something like that robe, but I cannot speak highly enough about the work they did for me.  Nice folks, too.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll investigate. That place in Cali gets a lot of love here, so I was considering them but I always prefer local--I'd hate for this to be lost in the mail.

That thing looks like it belongs in a museum. I'd be in a tough state altering it, but I probably would if I had a good tailor to do it. 

Working on the museum. ;)

if you've got the money to throw at it, I'd say go for it. 

or sell it to me. 

If I sold it to you, the last thing either of us would hear is a Ferrari V8 at 9,000 rpm hurtling towards us.

If you outlive me, you can bid on it at my charity estate auction.

In a moment of BABY MORTGAGE LIFE money panic, I considered parting with my VI.

You know where I am if times get tough. I'd be happy to play pawn shop for awhile.

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.