• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarterStyle

Reaction score
My new olive professor jacket, a sample of my new suits, and two cool western style belts with the smaller buckle for bending over on a horse or something.

futuremyth

Reaction score
Thrifting my way across the prairies en route to a family reunion. Medicine Hat was better than expected.

CRAP PICS SORRY

Gucci shirt, M, a few ties that'll cover gas, pendleton board shirt (N/A)

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw both of these today but they were a little steep. Still count as pops?

Welcome back, bro!

Picked this up figuring one of the SW&D-minded among us would want it. Available for Cost+Shipping (<$10 CONUS, most likely).

Neck: 16”
Chest: 47”
Sleeves: 23”
Shoulders: 18.25"
Length: 30.75"

That's some dope birdseye!

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Careful out there fellas. Those credit card F***ers got me last night. $4 test charge in Denver and then $140 in Atlanta. Fortunately I have it set to get an email every time my card is used.

Either they are wrong about the Goodwill hack timeframe or this is something totally new and different. I got a new card since the period they suspect the hack occurred....or maybe I am just misunderstanding.

Nothing left to do, except wait another hour and a half to call the fraud dept and have my paypal card cancelled. Sucks, I was going to use that card on my epic 12 hour thrift adventure today. Oh well, I have another.

Last edited:

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thrifting my way across the prairies en route to a family reunion. Medicine Hat was better than expected.

CRAP PICS SORRY

Gucci shirt, M, a few ties that'll cover gas, pendleton board shirt (N/A)

How the hell did you find those grails in the middle of nowhere man? :D

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Careful out there fellas. Those credit card F***ers got me last night. $4 test charge in Denver and then $140 in Atlanta. Fortunately I have it set to get an email every time my card is used.

Either they are wrong about the Goodwill hack timeframe or this is something totally new and different. I got a new card since the period they suspect the hack occurred....or maybe I am just misunderstanding. 

Nothing left to do, except wait another hour and a half to call the fraud dept and have my paypal card cancelled. Sucks, I was going to use that card on my epic 12 hour thrift adventure today. Oh well, I have another.

Thanks for the heads-up, gonna scrutinize when I get home. Sorry you got nailed.

irish56

Reaction score
Took a quick break from my bar exam studying and came back with a NWOT (or a very well kept used) Suit Supply suit. It is solid blue, has working cuffs, and has pick stitching. Chest is around a 42.5 or 43, so it is a hair big for me. Anyone that wants to purchase or trade, let me know. I don't sell on ebay, so it will likely sit in my closet until someone wants it.

Last edited:

highvoltorb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well ****. I just had a $50 charge in Texas. I don't live in Texas...

capnwes

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Damn. Would paypal debit cards would be at risk, too?

Yes, that's what got hit for me. Was another $100 charge by the time paypal got out of bed and went to work. Unfortunately the charges went through , though they blocked a few others. I'll have to wait and dispute them and it may be a couple months before I get that $250 back.

Tyrone MacStiophain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

had the itch pretty bad today. Headed out on the way home and scratched it. Was sort of meh, but good to get out. 4 pairs of J Crew pants in my size, and opal ring for my daughter, and thats about it.

Until I saw this ****** getting wheeled out literally as my hand was on the door going out.

N/A

I know nothing about it except its probably one of the coolest things Ive bought. @eazye is this the peugeot Im looking for? DEAD MINT.

Oh, man. My first 10-speed was a Peugeot of about that vintage. White with little checkerboard details. Heavy as ****. I didn't ride it for ages, so I restored it and gave it to my dad, who didn't ride it for ages, and eventually gave it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads