• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefastlife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
guys...eyewear forum fairly dead. do you think these fit/look right?

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heartbreaking story and a 'cool story bro' for most of you I guess.

I found a ROCHAS amazing baby blue blazer, only to find out it was an orphan and I couldn't find the pants. Thing is ROCHAS is worth nothing on feebay but it's an almost centennial French fashion house (everybody know Eau de Rochas I'm sure). I would would have worn the **** out of this suit
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
Of course it fitted me -_-

FlorianQC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
btw, BIGS UP to @horse's_ass for an amazing pair of Navy suede shoes that I received recently. Brand is unknown but whatever, it's sick as hell

StarterStyle

Reaction score
Anyone able to ID a maker from a tag on my professor jacket? Made in usa tips me off as vintage but it just looks so fresh and so clean. It's an olive green 2 button sport coat. Very soft.

ReubenR

Reaction score

Heartbreaking story and a 'cool story bro' for most of you I guess.

I found a ROCHAS amazing baby blue blazer, only to find out it was an orphan and I couldn't find the pants. Thing is ROCHAS is worth nothing on feebay but it's an almost centennial French fashion house (everybody know Eau de Rochas I'm sure). I would would have worn the **** out of this suit :fu: :fu:  Of course it fitted me -_-

Is there any particular reason it won't work as an odd jacket anyway? Not EVERY orphan is unwearable and baby blue sounds like it could work with some MOP buttons.

Tradvocate

Reaction score

Damn dude, I might have to send my shoes to you for a shine. What's your technique?

Short version
Wipe down with barely wet cloth
Brush the holy **** out of the shoes until all scuffs and blemishes are evened out (I mean a lot of brushing)
Saphir Renovateur applied with finger tips in small circular motions. Let dry and brush a bunch more with vigor
Several applications of wax polish applied primarily to toe and heel with lesser amounts elsewhere
Dip a barely wet cloth or t shirt wrapped tightly around finger tips into the smallest amount of wax polish. Less is more. Just a tiny amount
Apply to toe and heel in small circular motions occasionally fogging up the surface with your breath until the haze turns to shine. Repeat this step a great number of times

Last edited:

Reosymes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to ID a maker from a tag on my professor jacket? Made in usa tips me off as vintage but it just looks so fresh and so clean. It's an olive green 2 button sport coat. Very soft.
Query the WPL number here to find the maker: https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/textilern/wrnquery$.startup

If you google the name you'll find they've made garments for brooks brothers, PRL in the nineties, and other well known american brands. Very decent quality.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Picked this up figuring one of the SW&D-minded among us would want it. Available for Cost+Shipping (<$10 CONUS, most likely).

Neck: 16”
Chest: 47”
Sleeves: 23”
Shoulders: 18.25"
Length: 30.75"

Selvage fabric! :slayer:

Collar is a little schmutzig.

cdgreg

Reaction score
Got out of work a little early today so I trecked out to the Savers in the nice part of town with my 30% stamp card that has to be used ASAP. I unhappily only found one pair of shoes. 13 Narrow Bass Saddlers. I'm looking for some white or tan bucks if anyone has a pair in 10.5D and is interested in a trade!

Last edited:

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Short version
Wipe down with barely wet cloth
Brush the holy **** out of the shoes until all scuffs and blemishes are evened out (I mean a lot of brushing)
Saphir Renovateur applied with finger tips in small circular motions. Let dry and brush a bunch more with vigor
Several applications of wax polish applied primarily to toe and heel with lesser amounts elsewhere
Dip a barely wet cloth or t shirt wrapped tightly around finger tips into the smallest amount of wax polish. Less is more. Just a tiny amount
Apply to toe and heel in small circular motions occasionally fogging up the surface with your breath until the haze turns to shine. Repeat this step a great number of times
If you ever have time to write out the long version, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested. Thanks for this though. I agree, those look fantastic.

hbkshin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to track down the model number of a Tumi item? Can't seem to find it anywhere on that briefcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads