• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftofthedial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had to use a camera I wasn't too familiar with for these. Will definitely take better photos.

Hopefully start this off with a bang!

Lanvin Black Striped Sportcoat - 40R - Available. (Legit check? Anyone know this maker tag?)

Barbour Effector - M (I think it's a slim/Japanese fit, as it almost fits me) - Available.

I don't think I've ever seen this model before, if anyone has info!

Champion x Todd Snyder Sweatpants - Small - Available

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Picked this up a little while back. Human Scale chair in Cervo leather in British Racind Green (their top of the line stuff). Like new. Retail is about $2500 or so. Picked it up for $30.

jr6wwk.jpg

Why does this retail for $2500, serious question...

ATLjon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ballantyne cotton patch pocket sportcoat. Marshall's mis-tag.

No idea if the $1K estimate is accurate, and I have a very hard time believing that it is. But I can't find any deets on this model, either.

Last edited:

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ballantyne cotton patch pocket sportcoat. Marshall's mis-tag. After multiple markdowns, this was $69 (compare at $375), while the others in this size were $100 more (compare at $1K). They also had a 46 (which were closer to $200 after markdowns), which was closer to fitting me, but I figured it's easier to tailor down than up. But I might try to do a straight-up exchange tomorrow for the same price and see what happens. No idea if the $1K estimate is accurate, and I have a very hard time believing that it is. But I can't find any deets on this model, either.
Ballantyne stuff has always been super nice in my experience. And yeah, the 1k estimate is accurate, they are really expensive at retail.

jdrizzy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mind blown- just realized theres a BB red fleece line. Has anyone had any experience with it / wear it? What is it, their cheaper preppy line?

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
mind blown- just realized theres a BB red fleece line. Has anyone had any experience with it / wear it? What is it, their cheaper preppy line?
It's a more youthful line, slimmer cuts, a tad cheaper in some cases. I've got a pair of cotton madras pants Red Fleece pants on sale that I like quite a bit. It's basically for rich preppy 19 year olds.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not really cheaper, but definitely designed for a younger crowd (slimmer fits, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads